Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I switched Deuce's food from Purina One to Authority Harvest Baked Puppy food. I know I should have switched it gradually, and I did but only for a few days until the old food ran out. Deuce has had loose stool for the past week or two. Not water, but loose. Is it because I switched him too fast? Will it get better with time, or is it just that he needs a different food?

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
I would give it just a bit longer.... as long as he is acting fine, eating fine, drinking fine, then just wait it out as it might have just been the food switch. If those 3 other fines start turning into not so fine... then good chance its not the food

·
Super Moderator
16,023 Posts
I think the problem could be that the Harvest Food is more veggie and fruit mixed which
in itself can cause loose stools. You might want to mix in a good quality non veggie food
to the Harvest food until his system gets used to it.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
gazar said:
I think the problem could be that the Harvest Food is more veggie and fruit mixed which
in itself can cause loose stools. You might want to mix in a good quality non veggie food
to the Harvest food until his system gets used to it.
So then are you saying it isn't a good quality food to feed him? If so, what would you recommend. Or, are you just saying he needs time to adjust?

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
No - it's good food. Very good. It just has a very different balance from what he was eating. You could try buying a little bag of the old food to make a slower transition. :?:

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, that makes sense. Glad its a good one. Do you have to do a gradual switch if you are staying with the same brand but changin from puppy to adult? I thought I should change him, b/c he is gettin a little hefty.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
deuce's mommy said:
Ok, that makes sense. Glad its a good one. Do you have to do a gradual switch if you are staying with the same brand but changin from puppy to adult? I thought I should change him, b/c he is gettin a little hefty.
I changed Kate from Royal Canine Bulldog to the boxer one... I didn't have enough to do a gradule so I just did a plain switch... no problems at all. But on the other hand Kate has never really had any tummy problems when she eats what she is suppose to eat

·
Super Moderator
16,023 Posts
augrad said:
No - it's good food. Very good. It just has a very different balance from what he was eating. You could try buying a little bag of the old food to make a slower transition. :?:

Thanks for clearing up my post. Do not want to cause the pup more tummy aches :oops: Pat

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.