Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forgive me I have read through many of the posts concerning this issue but I'm still unsure of what's going on. My pb/lab mix has a rash on her tummy it re-occurs every spring and fall and if the heat drops or spikes rapidly she will get it again as well. It is very miserable for her and her vet says it is a seasonal skin condition because her skin gets dry?!?!? We constantly have her on antibiotics but once she goes off them guranteed 2 weeks later it is back again. Does anyone know what this is called or why she gets it and how can we prevent it? she is a miserable girl when this occurs. Also her vet is probably going to get tired of prescribing antibiotics all the time without me bringing her in. As we know what it is I don't take her in every time just call and get a refill. I'm worried that she is going to build up an immunity to the antiobiotics and they will stop working for her. Can anyone give me some information please?

·
Banned
3,504 Posts
Kasco said:
Bullies are famous for having skin issues, some go unexplained. I use this on my AB when he gats rashes:

http://www.revivalanimal.com/product.asp?pn=27-084&name=MicroTek Pet Spray&bhcd2=1158778446

It's Mikrotek spray by Eqyss
That stuff IS great! Used on my first AB who would get 'mystery rashes'.

OP--is it possible to put your dog on Claritin (one 10 mg pill if she's over 50 lbs) during these flare ups? Benadryl is also a huge help with rashes/allergies...1 mg per pound of weight and a regular pill is 25 mg. I have a PB/Boxer mix that is going thru some major skin issues and both of those REALLY have helped. She gets Claritin every morning in her food and then Benadryl later in the day of she seems uncomfortable. Keep in mind it can take up to 2 weeks to see the full benefit of Claritin.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts