Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 10 month old female AB that has had health problems all her life. Back in December she cut her ankle rough-housing with another dog, we treated the minor cut and we though thats it, well a month later her tibia is HUGE and she coulnt use her leg. Apparently the infection had spread to her bone marrow and she almost lost the leg (the reason we now call her Tripod). 2 months of intense antibiotic treatment later, the leg is doing great although she walks with a limp because the injured leg is shorter than the good one due to the severe osteomyolitis (sp?). Well we thought finally her leg is better and she will be fine but over the last 2 weeks she lost a drastic amount of weight and on Thursday night she wouldnt eat. Friday I took her to the vet and she looked awful, here eyes were bright red, swollen and oozing and she looked extra thin. We did bloodwork and several tests later we find out she has Addison's Disease, or adrenal gland failure. Anyone have any experience with Addison's, especially in American Bulldogs? We are doing a trial period of medication which may or may not help, these next few weeks are critical. Keep your fingers crossed for little Tripod!

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
I am unable to hep you with this but I am praying that tripod makes a full recovery.
I am sending lots of (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
Ond of my foster dogs was diagnosed with Addison's. They treated it, but I haven't spoken with her family lately, so I don't know how things are going. Last I heard, she was responding to the treatment, though.

I'm so sorry about your baby. I hope everything goes well for her. [-o<

1 - 4 of 4 Posts