Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The day was absolutly wonderful!! The sun was out, 80 degrees, many of us including a couple of dogs got some bad sun :( . But training could not have been better.

We had our 2 new comers Rip and Bindi!! These two will kick some major butt one day!! Both never having an ounce of bite work came right on in like two pros. And let me tell you what, RIP is a awesome looking dog!!

Dantea the presa, DAMB!!!!!!! he almost took a hand and a neck in one session!!!!!!!!!!!!! And Duchess, she came on out like a typical pit and used her head, and just drove the object out of the way.

Cyrus and Know NO, did very little, the heat was way to extreme to do alot with them. But they came out and did the show :D Got to love them :D

Cha the mali, she did some great work today. Very clean and very pushy to get that she wants :lol:

Loki did better then expected. She has tooken to her new work like a pro. She has just settled right in and even for being only her second day. Did FANTASTIC great job Loki

Yukon, the GSd, he did what he does best, WORKED HIS BUTT OFF, loving every mmoment of it :) :) :)

Dealer; he was just have a bad day. Not coming out to enjoy the work so, he pretty much had a day of rest and a long day of thinking :!: :?: :!: :?:

Enjoy the video. All comments welcomed!!
http://www.tuffstuffbulldogs.com/5-6-06 Video Movie.wmv

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Great video Melissa. I was so happy to see Loki in it :p We had a great time and can't wait until next week. I still can't get over Cyrus. Man, talk about drive!!
I'll be posting some pics in a little bit.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
That was awesome, I love how you do a video everytime!!!!! :D Loki looks AWESOME!!!!!!!!! She is so freakin' Beautiful!!

EDIT TO ADD: Cyrus is a nut!! :shock: I can't believe him!! I can't to watch him as he grows, I really want to see him as an adult and see the damage he will be doing :p :shock:

·
Registered
576 Posts
Bremner53 said:
That was awesome, I love how you do a video everytime!!!!! :D Loki looks AWESOME!!!!!!!!! She is so freakin' Beautiful!!

EDIT TO ADD: Cyrus is a nut!! :shock: I can't believe him!! I can't to watch him as he grows, I really want to see him as an adult and see the damage he will be doing :p :shock:
Meagan you have no idea. Cyrus STOOD (not sat, not laid down), on his leash tied to a post, the ENTIRE 6 hours of training. He was trying soooo hard to get to the sleeve or flirt pole. After hour 5, all of the sudden HERE HE COMES. He broke off his leash. What does he do? Does he just run around, happy to be off leash? NOPE STRAIGHT TO THE SLEEVE. It was soooo funny. He is SUCH a nut!!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Meagan you have no idea. Cyrus STOOD (not sat, not laid down), on his leash tied to a post, the ENTIRE 6 hours of training. He was trying soooo hard to get to the sleeve or flirt pole. After hour 5, all of the sudden HERE HE COMES. He broke off his leash. What does he do? Does he just run around, happy to be off leash? NOPE STRAIGHT TO THE SLEEVE. It was soooo funny. He is SUCH a nut!!!
Only a mom that finds this funny but also blushing do to being so proud would respond to this!! This man made me so happy that he chewed a harness, broke a $25.00 leather leash, and never missed a beat to come and do a job!! Then last week broke a leash and bit dad right in the family jewels!! WHAT A GOOD BOY :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: HE makes a momma proud :) Let alone good look'n doing this all :wink:

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Only a mom that finds this funny but also blushing do to being so proud would respond to this!! This man made me so happy that he chewed a harness, broke a $25.00 leather leash, and never missed a beat to come and do a job!! Then last week broke a leash and bit dad right in the family jewels!! WHAT A GOOD BOY :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: HE makes a momma proud :) Let alone good look'n doing this all :wink:
I can't get enough of that dog. I can't believe how good he is on the sleeve already! Would you happen to have any more video him on the sleeve?

I think we all need to start wearing cups. Poor John. I get nailed all of the time just playing tug!

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
Cool video. I really like the variety of dogs you have out there! It seems like you have a pretty good group!

How many dogs total train at that club? Are they any advanced dogs out there? Any titled dogs? Do any of you in the club do any obedience for bites yet or are the all still in the bite devolopment stage? I notice they are all being worked on harnesses and flat collars.

How long has this club been in existence? It looks you guys definitely are having alot of fun out there!! Good luck reaching your goals!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How many dogs total train at that club? Are they any advanced dogs out there? Any titled dogs? Do any of you in the club do any obedience for bites yet or are the all still in the bite devolopment stage? I notice they are all being worked on harnesses and flat collars.

How long has this club been in existence?
We have a variety at a time in numbers that work their dogs on a given day. Really depends on weather, time of the year etc, We are a open club. I started it 7 years ago, to be able to open a club that people with their dogs can come compete, trial, certify, behavior modification or just plainly spend time with their dog or other dog handlers and dogs. All the dogs in the PP must have some sort of obedience training and the handlers MUSt have control of their dogs at all times. The GSD Yukon, is a Level 4 PP dog, therapy dog, Obedience champion, Advanced obedience champion, Search and resue dog and also a family member. He is also one shy of Agility Champion but my butt is to lazy to get it put on him :lol: :lol: . Not afraid to admit I don't like agility :lol: Alot of the Bully dogs We recommend that they are on harneses with the issues they have with trachea problems and breathing problems. Not that they are less advanced but health wise it is safer then to be sorry. Loki was in the video with a flat collar. She is a perfect example of this issue, they seen to get over heatd to fast, they are afraid to pull, especially since during OB, they are taught on flat collars not to pull. The harness also gives a reason to be able to pull. It is easy to refine the control once the dogs knows his job. Bindi is another example, she in ten minutes was taught the out, this played a huge role. But the pups are not taught to out till later, when it no longer is a game and they don't need full encouragement. It is really depending upon each dogs skills. Here is now we base them and by each dog.

Yukon----30 months old, training since 10 weeks old; controlled stops, passive sends, threat attacks, home invasions. ATM robbery, car jackings,home sweeps, roof jump ons, etc. He is on a Complete outs system, once chance rule, recall on a send, off leash controlled .

Loki, Know No, Cyrus, Bindi---- No rules but to have fun. Must be sound minded at the point of age and physically capable. They will learn the carry, send, out when they are ready. ( Loki already started on her second day) The hold, and the bark. A few other things to but they are not coming to me :eek:

Hope this makes sense.

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
dealer05 said:

How long has this club been in existence?
We have a variety at a time in numbers that work their dogs on a given day. Really depends on weather, time of the year etc, We are a open club. I started it 7 years ago, to be able to open a club that people with their dogs can come compete, trial, certify, behavior modification or just plainly spend time with their dog or other dog handlers and dogs. All the dogs in the PP must have some sort of obedience training and the handlers MUSt have control of their dogs at all times. The GSD Yukon, is a Level 4 PP dog, therapy dog, Obedience champion, Advanced obedience champion, Search and resue dog and also a family member. He is also one shy of Agility Champion but my butt is to lazy to get it put on him :lol: :lol: . Not afraid to admit I don't like agility :lol: Alot of the Bully dogs We recommend that they are on harneses with the issues they have with trachea problems and breathing problems. Not that they are less advanced but health wise it is safer then to be sorry. Loki was in the video with a flat collar. She is a perfect example of this issue, they seen to get over heatd to fast, they are afraid to pull, especially since during OB, they are taught on flat collars not to pull. The harness also gives a reason to be able to pull. It is easy to refine the control once the dogs knows his job. Bindi is another example, she in ten minutes was taught the out, this played a huge role. But the pups are not taught to out till later, when it no longer is a game and they don't need full encouragement. It is really depending upon each dogs skills. Here is now we base them and by each dog.

Yukon----30 months old, training since 10 weeks old; controlled stops, passive sends, threat attacks, home invasions. ATM robbery, car jackings,home sweeps, roof jump ons, etc. He is on a Complete outs system, once chance rule, recall on a send, off leash controlled .

Loki, Know No, Cyrus, Bindi---- No rules but to have fun. Must be sound minded at the point of age and physically capable. They will learn the carry, send, out when they are ready. ( Loki already started on her second day) The hold, and the bark. A few other things to but they are not coming to me :eek:

Hope this makes sense.
Thanks for the reply! I love hearing about people's training.

I went and checked out out your website and noticed the page with the titled dogs. I see there are many with Obedience, tracking, protection,agility, and search and rescue titles. That is quite a variety of venues you guys train your dogs in. That's cool that people are able to train in other things besides just protection. So many people just want to do that because it's cool or whatever..lol. What organization(s) were all those titles earned through? It seems almost every dog on the site has titles next to their name. WOW!Just curious what type of titles they are and who it is that is awarding these specific titles? What is required for the PP 4 and the advance obeidence titles?

I do understand why you use harnesses and flat collars in training. They are musts for the early, bite development stage. I was just wondering why I didn't see any dogs in the video who were actually doing obedience during the bite session... That's why I thought they were all novice dogs, since none of them were made to under control. Rather, in the video all the dogs looked like they were being worked "free" with no commands or anything. Do you have any video of the advanced dogs? Like some dogs doing healing around the decoy or outing off the man? It really impresses me to see dogs work with intesity even while being made to work under control. Would love to see some videos of the GSD Yukon. Sounds like he is nice and the most advanced dog in the class? Bring him on!!! Want to see him!! :D

·
Registered
576 Posts
Yukon is AWESOME. Our first time there we got to watch him get sprayed with a hose while he was jumping through a model window frame. He just kept right on going :). Then my favorite, Yukon went off running and then right as he's about to get to the decoy they gave the stop command (not sure what that command is yet) and he immediately ran back to his handler :). Yukon does perfect Outs :)

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
I like the Call off video that was great but the last video to me wasnt perfect cause i was disapointed the "out" was cut off. The out to me would have shown the most training and control

·
Registered
576 Posts
Tia said:
I like the Call off video that was great but the last video to me wasnt perfect cause i was disapointed the "out" was cut off. The out to me would have shown the most training and control
Yeah it's a shame the out was cut off, but to be fair, the videos are usually shot by the trainer's young daughter (since the trainers are training :) ). She does a great job for being so young :)

Anyways, here's a better example. This is from a year ago. http://www.upperbucksworkingdogs.com/yukon 5-4-05 Protection Work A 015.mpg

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
Nice control with that GSD. Nice to see that type of work being done. He seems to really enjoy the work also!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yukon is great...the perfect example of what a dog should be. He is the most friendly dog to friendly people. He is stable. Once he sees a threat though, he is all business. All the titles he has speaks volumes about him but seeing him in person is the only way to really do him justice.

Justin

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
kaner6 said:
Yukon is great...the perfect example of what a dog should be. He is the most friendly dog to friendly people. He is stable. Once he sees a threat though, he is all business. All the titles he has speaks volumes about him but seeing him in person is the only way to really do him justice.

Justin
What organization are these titles through?

·
Agent Squint
3,627 Posts
Good video, I saw it over on True Grit. My favorite is Rip, but I'm a little bit biased there. I'm also jealous I don't have anything like that closer to me...

~S

1 - 20 of 52 Posts