Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The dog I was supposed to adopt on Friday, Griffin, has developed an upper respiratory infection. He was supposed to be neutered on Thursday and I would pick him up Friday, but they won't neuter him until he gets better. They said I could pick him up tomorrow and bring him back to be neutered when he is better in a couple of weeks.

My dad says I should let him stay at the rescue until he is better just in case the infection gets worse. He also doesn't want me to have to incur the costs of treating the infection. I feel so bad for him having to be in the shelter while he is trying to recover and I wanted to bring him home so badly. :(

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
any update on how he is doing? were you able to adpot him still?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i ended up picking him up on sept. 21 despite his uri because he had seen a vet and the rescue was providing his meds at no extra cost to me. he's been to my vet and is up to date on all his shots and she says he is doing great.. just a little skinny. his uri is gone! he will be neutered back at the rescue next thursday. i hope everything goes well!

he's a handful... chews everything i own and we're still working on the housetraining. i'm planning to get him started with obedience training as soon as he recovers from his neutering. he's a big bundle of furry lovable energy! :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts