Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
I've heard of using Prozac on dogs, but I myself went for the natural remedy. Jeff Werber, DVM sells Dog Calming Formula and it works great on Harley. http://www.shopdrjeff.com/ The site must be down cause I can't get into it, but it costs 14.99 + 8.00 shipping and they normally send samples of other stuff too.

You can also email Jill from Werber @ [email protected]

Harley is so much more relaxed with this stuff.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I think this is ridiculous. Maybe a natural alternative. But actual prozac, come on, you're having a laugh, right?

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
eek said:
I think this is ridiculous. Maybe a natural alternative. But actual prozac, come on, you're having a laugh, right?
I agree. Why would anyone want to give their dogs Prozac??? :shock:

·
Registered
380 Posts
Just like with humans antidepressant drugs mask (coverup) the real problem, They are not safe and do cause side effects. Proper diet , regular worming and excersize is the best way to treat depression in your pet, Start a log, trace back as best you can things that have changed and new things introduced, you will find the problem. Antidepressants along with other drugs are a profit for pharmacutical companies who make them.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We had a client come in and said her dog trainer had recommened she put her dog on prozac for its aggression. The dog was very human and dog aggressive. She had to muzzle it before entering the office. We had to put her in a room away from other clients waiting with there dogs. The dog kept jumping to go after the other dogs in the waiting room. We have been getting a lot of literature on the subject but i am not sure about it either.

·
Registered
798 Posts
AsianRedneck said:
Great link Sennin. You know what Amino Acids I'm talking about right? The ones body builders use.

Yeah, I figured those are the ones you talk about. I will looks for some more links on, im curious about it myself.

as for Prozac, I dont know if I would feel safe around a dog that needed prozac.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There are side effects in humans i just wonder what they would be in dogs? Some people become suicidel(Spell?) when taking the drug. I know i would not feel safe around a dog on the drug.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts