Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
21 - 40 of 136 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,005 Posts
I have had my share of tickets but I got tired of shelling out money
I could use to pay rent. So FINALLY, I lightened up on the gas pedal.
I use to own a yellow sport car - umm, umm, umm - it was a ticket
waiting to happen when it went out on the road. Now I have a nice
bland colored mini van - they don't even know I am there.

·
Registered
926 Posts
That is exactly my point...........$560 is ridiculous in a town of 480 people!!!!! I guess they think I am buying everyone lunch!!

It was in a 18 wheeler thus enhanced fine...........it really is about the money and not safety. They figure most truck drivers just pay it instead of losing money to come back and fight it! Lucky for me; sorta is it is just 45 miles from home and I think they may bargain with me because a jury trial they told me would be about 4 months to find a jury pool. LOL.

I say I was doing 43 in a 55 zone when thay clocked me in the RAIN. That I had not entered the 35 zone yet.

And yes I have had other tickets that I just paid because I was guilty! I even had a ticket for 113 in a 75 in a 18 wheeler that did not cost this much. California tickets are expensive but nothin like this podunk town in nowhere Texas.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Well coming from England i would never really think about speeding if i still lived there and if i did it would be very minimal, living in Cyprus where just about anything goes its a lot easier, you can cruise at 140 and think nothing of it, the police dont tend to be around too much and when they are about they make it very obvious, or the odd occasion where they like to be sneaky they are very sneaky!!!! but the fines here are very random, having an English license i avoid points but in regards to fines, they are very strange, 83 in a 80 (WHAT A JOKE!!!!) - 53 Euros!
113 in a 80 (thought it was 100 ) - 65 Euros
100 in a 50 (thought it was 100 also ) 30 Euros!!!!!!

so for double the speed limit i get the tiniest fine!!!! doesn't make sense but thats Cyprus. You will see the police parked up on double yellow lines, on the phone just about everything you would not expect from the law enforcement.

·
Registered
8,140 Posts
I think the idea might be to make this some kind of middle ground between all out conflict on the main board and just straight up locking and deleting threads.

Maybe?

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I think the idea might be to make this some kind of middle ground between all out conflict on the main board and just straight up locking and deleting threads.

Maybe?
Yes.

Instead of locking a thread that goes off topic, the mods will split the thread, move the off-topic discussion here for further debate/discussion, and leave the original thread in place.

·
Super Moderator
16,005 Posts
Serious, in depth topics need a place to go so that they can be discussed or debated. That is what this section is for. It was what it was for the first time until it was used to put people down instead of discussing the issue at hand. As stated, this one can go away too if it is abused in the same manner as the dog house was. What we are asking is in your discussions and debates, for people to post civilly and with respect. It is not open to new threads because it is not to be used as a "free for all".

I liked your comment best, Deborah "all the children must play with supervision, remember kids should NEVER be left unattended especially while in the presence of a dog." No "bone throwing" - just a need recognized and being addressed for serious debates and discussions.

·
Registered
8,140 Posts
Just curious, do you guys anticipate that there will be many threads to put in this section?

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Just curious, do you guys anticipate that there will be many threads to put in this section?
It depends. Sometimes, there are many threads that go off topic, sometimes there are not.

21 - 40 of 136 Posts