Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
101 - 120 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
7,343 Posts
Yeah I'm battling the animal house smell right now. I have the plug-ins and wax warmers all plugged in but we still have some odor funk. I'm getting ready to buy a Resolve carpet cleaner they started advertising on tv so I can really scrub the carpet.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Our house smells like a barn, but at least it no longer smells like cat urine! Mrs. Nebguy has all them pots that plug into the wall and use a lightbulb to melt the good smelling wax. They work great and you can get replacement wax stuff at Wal-Mart cheaper than the stuff that you get from the name brand place. It only works if you use it though, and that's something we need to get better at. Funny you posted this as less than an hour ago I put an air freshener in the pickup. The pickup did smell like a wet dog!

Tarts?! You guys use tarts?! I have a TON of tarts that i want to get rid of... we use to make candles and i had a bright idea to start making Wax Tarts.. didnt work!
I would ship them to you if you want.. wouldnt know how to keep them from melting though.. hmm

·
Registered
6,619 Posts
i tell people my dogs are allergic to the treats, and thank them but say sorry.. not once have i felt guilty for saying no.. if they persist, i tell them they are not the ones going to be cleaning up crap and then they finally understand

·
Registered
826 Posts
Cyprus and everything to do with Cyprus. If you have every been dont go again and if you havnt been dont bother. Il keep it short and sweet otherwise il end up going on forever.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Google makes Cyprus look gorgeous... good to know it sucks there! lol

·
Registered
753 Posts
Yeah I'm battling the animal house smell right now. I have the plug-ins and wax warmers all plugged in but we still have some odor funk. I'm getting ready to buy a Resolve carpet cleaner they started advertising on tv so I can really scrub the carpet.
Best thing you can do for carpet is use the shampoo'er. Works wonder on juice stained carpet lol.

·
Registered
443 Posts
My quick vent is about people who give up there dogs due to emmigration.
Here in Ireland loads of people are leaving the country now due to the economy. All the shelters are full of dogs due to there owners leaving.
Most 1-3 year old dogs being sold are due to the owner emmigrating. In the ads for the sale of dogs people are nearly prowd about leaving and going to Australia. They think thats a valid excuse and don't give any other. I think it's a cacky excuse myself. They should just own up and say i made a mistake getting this dog but its a good dog or what ever.
But there like, "I'm outa here, won't be bringing the dog, anyone want it".

My mates spent 7000 euro bringing there 2 dogs to new zealand. That is dedication and love of the mutt in my eyes.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I would never and could never leave a pet behind. No matter what! They are family! Some people.. ugh.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Google makes Cyprus look gorgeous... good to know it sucks there! lol

If it wasnt for the weather and the off few beaches it would be empty.

It is like living in the flintstones. Laws simply do not apply here. The country and the people that run it are so backwards but the locals are happy to live with that because they know no better.

They are ignorant to foreigners trying to help better develop them as human beings and the country as a whole.

Everything is overpriced probably 3x as much as it should be. you can go into a shop then go online and find it for a third of the price go back to the shop and say look how is it you want to charge me 3 times as much you will just get a look and a meh. Cypriots dont know what online shopping is so keep these shops open by going and buying these products. A perfect example i wanted to buy a furminator for Bronson went into the newest hyped up pet store that has a slogan about being honest and not over charging genuine animal lovers bla bla bla in the shop 75 euros around 100-110 dollars. Online 20 Euros inc Shipping.

a bit like everything else really its just meh il do it next week. everything is done on paper or on files its lacking in technology massively. but like i said above the people here are so ignorant, stupid, racist, sexist everything you could possibly think off. They say you should not tar a whole nation but its so so so easy to do that here they are all so similar.

It also has the highest electricity rates in the world. Confirmed today. The government are cashing in on a disaster it caused which led to the powerplant blowing up. They broke every EU regulation with what they did yet they just shift the charge onto its people and the consumers. The electricity supplier is 50% private and 50 Government Owned that run a monopoly refusing any proposals for solar/greener/cheaper energy sources also competition, the same goes for the telecoms 100% government owned there are competitors but they still need phone lines installed by the government owned company.

Its all just one big corrupt joke that the cypriots are happy to live under. Its ok thought because the country is in so much debt and it will be hit even harder many believe it will be the end of the country once Greece is kicked out of the EU.

Then i can rejoice! lol

So il leave it at that. This isnt me getting started if i do it will be an essay!!!

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
If it wasnt for the weather and the off few beaches it would be empty.

It is like living in the flintstones. Laws simply do not apply here. The country and the people that run it are so backwards but the locals are happy to live with that because they know no better.

They are ignorant to foreigners trying to help better develop them as human beings and the country as a whole.

Everything is overpriced probably 3x as much as it should be. you can go into a shop then go online and find it for a third of the price go back to the shop and say look how is it you want to charge me 3 times as much you will just get a look and a meh. Cypriots dont know what online shopping is so keep these shops open by going and buying these products. A perfect example i wanted to buy a furminator for Bronson went into the newest hyped up pet store that has a slogan about being honest and not over charging genuine animal lovers bla bla bla in the shop 75 euros around 100-110 dollars. Online 20 Euros inc Shipping.

a bit like everything else really its just meh il do it next week. everything is done on paper or on files its lacking in technology massively. but like i said above the people here are so ignorant, stupid, racist, sexist everything you could possibly think off. They say you should not tar a whole nation but its so so so easy to do that here they are all so similar.

It also has the highest electricity rates in the world. Confirmed today. The government are cashing in on a disaster it caused which led to the powerplant blowing up. They broke every EU regulation with what they did yet they just shift the charge onto its people and the consumers. The electricity supplier is 50% private and 50 Government Owned that run a monopoly refusing any proposals for solar/greener/cheaper energy sources also competition, the same goes for the telecoms 100% government owned there are competitors but they still need phone lines installed by the government owned company.

Its all just one big corrupt joke that the cypriots are happy to live under. Its ok thought because the country is in so much debt and it will be hit even harder many believe it will be the end of the country once Greece is kicked out of the EU.

Then i can rejoice! lol

So il leave it at that. This isnt me getting started if i do it will be an essay!!!

Wow, I bet you feel better after that haha. Always good to find out what countries are really like isnt it. Very easy to type in a place and view it on your screen but not see the real thing. Thanks for sharing. Hope you have a good day - sounds like you need it!

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
My quick vent is about people who give up there dogs due to emmigration.
Here in Ireland loads of people are leaving the country now due to the economy. All the shelters are full of dogs due to there owners leaving.
Most 1-3 year old dogs being sold are due to the owner emmigrating. In the ads for the sale of dogs people are nearly prowd about leaving and going to Australia. They think thats a valid excuse and don't give any other. I think it's a cacky excuse myself. They should just own up and say i made a mistake getting this dog but its a good dog or what ever.
But there like, "I'm outa here, won't be bringing the dog, anyone want it".

My mates spent 7000 euro bringing there 2 dogs to new zealand. That is dedication and love of the mutt in my eyes.

Well done on your friends taking their dogs down here to NZ. That shows dedication. Did they go to Christchurch? My cousin's son has also come out from Belfast to live down there. There is so much work because of the rebuilding of the city to be done due to the earthquake last year.
Hope they enjoy the new country.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Holy crap.. tell me how you really feel LOL!

Man that sucks.. you said you're moving right?

·
Registered
753 Posts
My vent for today is.. I cant freaking cut fruit if my life depended on it! My son asked me to cut up a Mango for him yesterday and I butchered it! It was more of a juice than chunks of mango.. ugh!!!!!!

·
Registered
7,343 Posts
Ugh! I have a real problem with people who claim to have purebred dogs that have had puppies (which are supposedly purebred too) yet do not have papers OR have no knowledge of their "bloodline". They want $200-300 for these "purebred" mutts. It takes everything I have to not say something to them... End rant.

·
Registered
7,343 Posts
I know it won't change what people do or say BUT maybe... just maybe some people looking for pure bred dogs will start to question people :/

·
Registered
181 Posts
My pet peeve is people who get dogs for their young children, and expect them to do all the work. I overheard a guy at work talking about this today, he's taking the dog he bought for his 8 year old son back to the shelter, because the boy "isnt taking care of it". Um, that should be YOUR job too, great life lesson dad :?. 8 year olds can't be responsible for a dog on their own. I know this well, my dad took me to the humane society when I was 9, and I begged and pleaded and we brought home a dog. It had to be 'my dog' though, of course I agreed but this was a high energy timid collie/gsd mix named Jessie whom i couldnt walk because he would just drag me around, escaping and running around the neighbourhood. My dad would then have to go look for him and be quite expressive about how that displeased him. One year later they took him back to the shelter while I was at school, I did know it was coming but I still blamed myself for a long time.

·
Registered
322 Posts
My pet peeve is people who get dogs for their young children, and expect them to do all the work. I overheard a guy at work talking about this today, he's taking the dog he bought for his 8 year old son back to the shelter, because the boy "isnt taking care of it". Um, that should be YOUR job too, great life lesson dad :?. 8 year olds can't be responsible for a dog on their own. I know this well, my dad took me to the humane society when I was 9, and I begged and pleaded and we brought home a dog. It had to be 'my dog' though, of course I agreed but this was a high energy timid collie/gsd mix named Jessie whom i couldnt walk because he would just drag me around, escaping and running around the neighbourhood. My dad would then have to go look for him and be quite expressive about how that displeased him. One year later they took him back to the shelter while I was at school, I did know it was coming but I still blamed myself for a long time.

Hambone, same thing happened to me. i was around 6 and my folks got me a dog now this dog was probably a puppy but to me he was huge.

my folks (don't know what they were thinking at the time70's so who knows :) ) had let me hold the leash while we were sitting on the porch.... another dog comes around the corner and my dog springs out to go after it. im holding on to the leash and got yanked down a flight of stairs onto some concrete. got skinned up pretty bad. folks got rid of the dog a few days later. I was sad cause it was my chewbacca from star wars (lol just had a flashback) idk if they thought i was gonna take care of the dog but they def didn't like me getting hurt. even tho in hindsight i shouldn't have been holding the leash

101 - 120 of 136 Posts