Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hershey and his siblings were neutered last Thursday, we picked them up Sunday, as it was done in Portland, OR and I couldn't pick them up the day of the neuter (we are in Eastern WA)
We subsequently discovered a swelling on Hershey on Monday evening, and yesterday morning took him in to the vet - she recommended some benadryl (thinking it was an allergic reaction to some insect bite perhaps) and some Keflex. By last evening it was growing increasingly red and irritated and HARD.
This morning, it was BRICK red and horridly hard and obviously infected.
We took him in this morning and the vet inserted a needle and drew out some red, pus filled fluid. She said she'd have to keep him and lance it, and drain it.
This is how it looks now. Poor Hershey :(

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks so much.
It looks horrific :( It started like this---swelling on the right side of his penis

·
Registered
703 Posts
OMG! poor baby. I am sorry but I see no reason for an infection like that. She the vet should have known better, that it wasn't a darn bug bite. That upsets me very much sorry but I would be twisted if that was my baby, crips I am twisted and he's not even mine. Please keep us updated. Give him extra lovings for me and Joe (aka Josie).

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
OMG! :shock: That is just plain awful - and completly uncalled for IMO. "Just a bug bite" my a$$. I'de be so torqued if it were my pup. I wouldn't be able to talk to or go near the vet - I'de rip them a new one.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's not the same vet that neutered him.
Yesterday it was soft and squishy, except it rapidly got harder and redder throughout the day.
I guess the main difference, is yesterday, it didn't look like it needed excised...the 2nd picture is really how it looked and I had given him 2 keflex (the regular dosage for HIM would be 1 pill!) the night I discovered it, Sunday night...

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Oh gosh that looks terrible. I hope it heals up soon. Poor guy.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Poor baby!!!!! That looks awful! I hope he is feeling better soon! Give him lots of hugs and kisses for me!

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Poor Baby!! :cry: Hope he heals up soon!

·
Banned
1,365 Posts
Beatvdub said:
:sad2: HOLY SHI* thats gotta hurt I really hope you pup gets better
DITTO...sooo sorry your little one had to go thru that..OMG :shock: ...antibiotics..antibiotics..antibiotics...something...morphine

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Here's his face :) He's a pretty boy - he's the last of the foster puppies I had!

·
Registered
703 Posts
msvette2u said:
It's not the same vet that neutered him.
Yesterday it was soft and squishy, except it rapidly got harder and redder throughout the day.
I guess the main difference, is yesterday, it didn't look like it needed excised...the 2nd picture is really how it looked and I had given him 2 keflex (the regular dosage for HIM would be 1 pill!) the night I discovered it, Sunday night...
I can understand that it may not have been the same vet that did the surgery BUT, she should have been able to tell the difference between a bug bite and a severe infection. I'm sorry I don't mean to be nasty, I just feel so horrible for the puppy. I hope he doing better, give him BIG hug for me. He's a beauty!

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
:) Thanks

1 - 20 of 25 Posts