Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well we started off on Friday finding out my 10 month old female, Tripod, has Addisons and we also had to do an emergency spay on my retired champion westie, Katie because she had a pyometra, so Friday was pretty emotional. Well, last night my hubby was feeding dogs before we left to go out to eat and he found our 2.5 yr old male AB dead in the back yard. We have no idea what happened to Dante (the gorgeous dog in my avatar) and we are absolutely heartbroken. I feel like I can't handle one more thing emotionally or I will have a breakdown, it doesn't help that Tripod is not doing well this weekend, she won't eat and isn't really responding to therapy for her Addison's disease.

Please keep my pets and my sanity in your thoughts and prayers, I really need it.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
wow :cry: I am so terribly sorry for your weekend. My heart goes out to you.

are you going to get an autopsy done to try to find the root of what happened

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes, we are planning on having a necropsy done on Tuesday. So far we are thinking it may have been an allergic reaction to an insect bite or sting. Saturday morning Dante was running and playing in the backyard like normal, his appetite and water consumption were normal, and on Saturday afternoon my hubby heard him barking. I saw him in the yard at 6pm when I got home from work and when hubby went to feed him at 8pm he was dead.

·
Registered
112 Posts
so sorry

hi im so sorry with all your bad news and your loss :oops: its horrible what we have to go through when we lose our babies :( so sorry shirley and bryn xxxxxxxxxx :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
WOW! That really stinks (other words came to mind). I sure hope that you find out what happened. My heart goes out to you and your family. I hope Tripod will bounce back soon. My thoughts are with you and try (I know it is hard to do) to keep good thoughts in your mind.

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
:cry: OMG, that is just so sad! I'm sorry for your loss and your current struggles. I'll keep you and your babies in my thoughts.

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
WOW thats horrible.I am so sorry for your loss :cry:
I hope that Tripod gets well soon.I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
I am so sorry that is aweful

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I truly hope Tripod gets well soon. My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours.

I am so sorry to hear about your baby, Dante was so beautiful. :cry:

·
Super Moderator
15,976 Posts
What a horrible time you are going through.
Just know that we are here and will be shoulders for you. Pat

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
OMG, I am so sorry to hear about your loss, and horrible weekend. I hope you guys can figure out what the heck happened to your boy :(

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
So sorry about your loss and bad luck! Your family will be in my thoughts.

Have you thought that maybe your AB died from bloat? Just throwing ideas out there.

I hope things get better for you soon.

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
What horrible news. :( Would be interested to hear what the necropsy finds. I'm so sorry for your loss of Dante and the misfortune with Tripod and Katie. Hope things turn around for you soon.

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
i'm so very sorry for your loss of Dante, that's just terrible and horrific..... please keeps us updated on the cause.....

i pray the other pups bounce back quickly and i pray for mental/emotional stability as well.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I'm so sorry. :cry: you all will be in my thoughts and prayers. (((hugs))) please take care.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Update

Well, what killed Dante was a heart arrithmia (sp?) what cause this we are uncertain of and we will probobly never know. At least we have an answer.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts