Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am the new owner of an english bulldog pup and was wondering if anyone new of a good breed specific vet in the orlando area i will never take my dog to banfield ever again. so i was looking for a good vet and help is much appreciated

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
Not a big fan of Banfield myself. I have an aunt and uncle in Ocala who have a pit, but I guess that's a little to far to drive. Sorry I can't be of any help. I think you're the first Orlando person here on the forum. Welcome!

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
Banfield is the vet inside Petsmart. Everyone here has had different experiences, I know, but in my own personal experience, the vets there are either on their way up or on their way down. They are either fresh out of vet school and still have a LOT to learn and have NO experience, or they're washed-out vets who weren't cutting it in private practices. The one at the Petsmart where we do adoptions is the former - every time he goes on break or goes home, he does it with a big book of veternary info of some sort. He's an extremely nice man., but that doesn't inspire much confidence.

Anyway - that's my personal experience with the vets at the 3 Petsmarts that I've worked. My ex took out a Banfield contract on Buster, which, like an idiot, he continued to pay for until the year was up (even though he only kept Buster for a month). I told him flat out I would not use them before he ever took the thing out. But hey, what do I know? :wink: We're talking about a man who bought his first OEB from a dude at the flea market.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
augrad said:
But hey, what do I know? :wink: We're talking about a man who bought his first OEB from a dude at the flea market.
:laughing3:

I got ya...I wouldn't take my dog there either!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Finding a good vet

Honestly I have always found that the Vets who are the best with Bullybreeds are usually in inner-cities and as a result see more of those types of dogs. Find out what school they went to, where else they have worked etc. If they won't tell you, RUN.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts