Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so Jesse James has literally been the most difficult puppy to housebreak that I've ever had.

I attribute it to his being born in a pound. When I picked him up, he and his littermates were covered in their own filth. They stank to high heaven and were pooping/eating/playing in the same small concrete area.

Anyways, he's 5.5 months old now and had still been having occasional piddle accidents. He wasn't being sneaky; he would just be in the middle of playing or walking in the house and just squat. It's like, he just didn't GET that he needed to pee outdoors, you know? He NEVER poops indoors, it was just the peeing.

A little while ago, though, he went to the door, sat down, and looked at us! YAY! We let him out and he did his business immediately!!!! He got a couple cookies for that!

It has been a LONG 3.5 months... but it's as if something finally clicked! :D I know we'll still have to watch him, but it's such a relief... he is FINALLY catching on at nearly 6 months of age!

·
Super Moderator
15,970 Posts
Of all the dogs I have ever had, Clara took the longest to house train and she had three other dogs to show her how and when - but she still would not or could not wait or show you she needed to go. She was like your dog, never pooped in the house, just peed. Windex was my friend. :D

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Bustersmommy said:
Windex was my friend.
What was the windex used for ?????????

CONGRATS on the housebreaking :D
Windex is great for cleaning urine.

Way to go on the milestone! :D

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
gazar said:
Windex was my friend.[/color] [/b] :D
Hee hee... we have gone through endless bottles of Resolve!

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Congrats! Yeah my Apbt was the same way took him a while to figure out he had to pee outside but never pooped inside. I now have these bells on my backdoor that both my dogs touch their nose on to let someone know they've got to go.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Obi was about 7 months until he was fully house trained, he still has the very occasional accident though. Mainly when it's really hot and humid, he just gets so stressed that he pees himself, rather than just peeing for the sake of it. He gets too hot in the garden cos he just runs about and then he's even hotter when he comes back inside. He hasn't sussed out how to keep cool in the summer yet. No air con in the UK either :cry:

Hasn't happened for a while though so i'm hoping that's the end of it

Fee x x

·
Registered
886 Posts
my dog was real slow with it too, i think he finally fully figured it out around at 7 months, now at 10 months he will get confused in a new place and go. But he is getting a lot better about telling me to let him out

1 - 10 of 10 Posts