Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
mya is being stubborn when it comes to walks she resists and backs up, sometimes she will be fine then sometimes shes like nah not right now lol.....

and 1 more thing when it rains out and i try to take her out all she wants to do is lick all the water on the grass, sidewalks or plants. she wont pee pr poop and will hold it til we get back in and she does it inside...

any tips on either will be helpful

thanks eric

·
Registered
634 Posts
get a leader and i know it sucks but just stand out side untill she goes better for u to change cloes than scrub the carpets for 30 min

·
Super Moderator
15,976 Posts
At eleven weeks, you are not really walking the dog. Just set her in the grass and let her do her thing. In the house let her get use to a collar and leash on her by carrying it around for ten or 15 minutes at a time. When she is about 4 months she will be ready for leash walking. Carry little treats with you to encourage her to follow you but start in the house and graduate to the sidewalk. Good luck. :D

·
Registered
94 Posts
Riley was the same way! I was also concerned at first. He would walk about 10 steps then sit down or pull back and just look at me.
I used to squat down and call "come" to me, and he would come running all excited and cute, and then just sit right back down! A walk around the block could take 45 minutes!
He started to really enjoy going for a walk at around 15-16 weeks. Which is also about the time I started puppy kindergarten and we learned how to heel. Now my neighbors are amazed at how well he stays with me and doesn't try to pull my arm off, especielly since he is about 60lbs at 5 months!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts