Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At what age did you start walking your puppies and for how long? Loki is 14 weeks now and I'd like to start taking him out for short walks, if its not too early.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
amazing how hard it is to remember this kinda stuff!!! I think it was around 4months or so...just don't expect to get too far in the beginning!

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I didn't start walking Tala until about 6 months old. I didn't want to over exert her because she wrestles all day with Odie, plus obedience training on top of that.

I started walking Odie around 3 months though, because he's light boned and not a muscular breed.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How do you get them used to the leash? Right now, Loki just wants to clamp down and tug.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Loki said:
How do you get them used to the leash? Right now, Loki just wants to clamp down and tug.
I feed them their meals while they're out on their walk, each time a little further from home, until they are no longer scared of going out on walks.

They get the picture pretty quick that way.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I will probably start working my EB once he gets all his shots from the Vet (he will be 3 months on 4/23) so maybe sometime in May I will begin walking him

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
i started walking Biz at about 7 weeks
just around the block to start

let him where the leash around the house for a few days first to get him used to it

he does well on it now
though he stll gets stuborn and wants to lock his legs up and not move from time to time

1 - 12 of 12 Posts