Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How long do you generally walk your dogs? And how often?

We usually take them for one long walk at night. Here is our route:

It takes us about an hour and a half. This isn't Justice's walk. She's still too young to handle that long of a walk. She gets walked from Julie drive, down through the cemetary and back. Or sometimes the park.

·
Super Moderator
15,976 Posts
Well, that sounds like good exercise for all. Most of the time, Clara plays and runs freely in the back yard. There are times I take her out, but we have a lot of dogs in the neighborhood and I do not feel comfortable with the way other people are so lax with leashing. People will walk two or three dogs without leashes, or let them run free in the front yard, no fencing. Better to prevent an situation before it comes.

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
This is our route. Not a very scenic route since we pass our house twice, but it's a pretty long walk. I think it's about 2 miles or so. It takes about 45 minutes. The short walk is just around the block twice and not going around the park. That takes about 20 minutes.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Wow, those are quite the walks!!

Chapps and Holly usually get a 30min walk in the evening, but we always try to take them to an open feild or for at least an hour of running and swimming daily!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Bam and I go for about an hour, or we have a marathon tug-o-war session. Yesterday we did that for about an hour. The mucsles in my hands are so sore. It's kind of hard to type.

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
Wow - I hope no one decides to stalk you guys - it would be very easy to snatch you now that they know exactly where you walk on a daily basis :shock:

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
bodazafa said:
Wow - I hope no one decides to stalk you guys - it would be very easy to snatch you now that they know exactly where you walk on a daily basis :shock:
The area where I walk is a very open, public area (especially the park), and I never walk at dark. I'm not too worried about it!

·
Registered
979 Posts
I walk the young'uns about 3 miles in the morning with my neighbor (I live in the boonies). The old girl get's about a mile and half, but not recently because of the heat. Milo hasn't been walked at all - the heat, and he has exercise intolerance. He used to get the mile and a half but he can't handle it. We'll see when it gets cooler what he can do.

Paula

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
mindtrip said:
Here's a helpful link that I use to plot out the different walks we take. Just punch in your address on the left side to find your neighborhood, then use the tools to map it out. It'll tell you how far your walk is in miles.

http://www.mapmyrun.com/index.php
Hey...that's really cool! According to that site, my walk is 1.93 miles, so I was pretty close with my 2 mile estimate!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
It varies on weather and time. Sometimes he goes on two
30 minutes walks. Sometimes one walk and indoor play.
Sometimes, I'll drive by the dog park really late at night,
and if no one else is there, we'll play fetch. And sometimes
we'll go for a walk around the lake.

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
bodazafa said:
Most of our walk is along busy streets in town. If we're walking at night, Dennis is with me too. I'm not too worried about it. With Haus and Magnus, people tend to cross the street.

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
HausMommy said:
bodazafa said:
Most of our walk is along busy streets in town. If we're walking at night, Dennis is with me too. I'm not too worried about it. With Haus and Magnus, people tend to cross the street.
It doesn't get much busier than Oakland, Washington, and Center Street...except maybe Veteran's Pkwy! :lol:

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
mindtrip said:
Here's a helpful link that I use to plot out the different walks we take. Just punch in your address on the left side to find your neighborhood, then use the tools to map it out. It'll tell you how far your walk is in miles.

http://www.mapmyrun.com/index.php
That is really cool! Our walks are 3.18 miles. Doesn't seem like that far!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Daily walks (atleast 5 out 7 of the week) 1 hour. 1-2 trips to the dog park after a long walk to play nice with other pooches (for now) Varied with 15-20min rollerblading sessions at good speed, and nightly fetch and tug sessions.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I take my dog's to this field with some woods near my house for about an hour or so it seems to do the trick and they love erey minute of it

1 - 19 of 19 Posts