Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Patch is doing really well on California Natural puppy formula chicken and rice (I sometimes rotate with INNOVA).

There's only one place that sells it and it is very expensive - 14kg costs me $180 (Australian) - about $140 US dollars.

I found a website that sells Eagle Pack and Dick Van Pattens, and it works out to be MUCH cheaper - a 15kg bag of Eagle Pack holistic select chicken meal and rice costs $107.48!

And this food grades really well - an A+

Should I risk switching Patch to this?? I am thinking of buying the smaller 7.5kg bag for $66.40 to try it out.

I am reluctant to put him on DVP because i've read some posts about runny stools??

Also, there's a lamb meal and rice variety in the Eagle Pack.... what are your thoughts on Lamb?
Should i stick with Chicken?

I always add things to patch's food and he sometimes gets home made food so there's SOME variety...

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
I feed Nature's Recipe it is a great food at a great price

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
angie7349 said:
I feed Nature's Recipe it is a great food at a great price
I can't find a place in Sydney that sells nature's recipe!
I have been googling, and i found this site that sells Eagle Pack, DVP, Eukanuba (yuk) and Science Diet (yukkier).

So i'm sort of restricted.

would you recommend i try Eagle Pack?

Am thinking of getting the 7.5kg and trying patch on that.

The California Natural is just costing too much (only one pet store sells it, they have exclusive rights to it, so there's no competition so they slug us!), and Eagle Pack is better quality and cheaper!

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
Grade it on the food sticky or PM me the ingrediants and i will have it graded for you by this weekend

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
angie7349 said:
Grade it on the food sticky or PM me the ingrediants and i will have it graded for you by this weekend
Eagle Pack is already Graded - A+ (102)
and Dick Van Pattens - A+ (122)

i've decided to try one of these..... there was a post recently that said DVP gave the dog runny stools.... not sure if i should risk it, perhaps just stick with trying Eagle Pack?

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Over feeding is a huge problem and a lot of people don't realize they do it.

That is the only time Kate gets SOFT, not runny, poo with DVP. If she recieves the right amount of food then she has perfect firm poo and is very healthy.

Both are good foods though.

·
Registered
5,272 Posts
i switched to eagle pak, the holistic fish one, last spring and i love it. the dogs , both puppy and old man, are doing very well on it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Patch said:
angie7349 said:

i've decided to try one of these..... there was a post recently that said DVP gave the dog runny stools.... not sure if i should risk it, perhaps just stick with trying Eagle Pack?
hey, that was my post. lol. not runny stools, just really soft and light colored. i think my tankie is just not used to receiving a better food, so i think i might have overfed him. as of right now, i have been lowering rations to see if it helps. anyhow, it's from dog to dog anyways. you shouldn't be too worried about that, IMO. good luck!

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
FRANKtheTANK said:
Patch said:
angie7349 said:

hey, that was my post. lol. not runny stools, just really soft and light colored. i think my tankie is just not used to receiving a better food, so i think i might have overfed him. as of right now, i have been lowering rations to see if it helps. anyhow, it's from dog to dog anyways. you shouldn't be too worried about that, IMO. good luck!
On a high quality food proportions should be less.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the feedback guys.
I ended up ordering the DVP and they are delivering it to me tonight.
I'll let you all know how Patch does on it... im sure he will be fine because he has a good tolerance for different foods.

This place i found on the net is awesome... (sorry guys, it's an Aussie website) and they deliver for free, and the food is much cheaper than in stores!

The guys popping over tonight to hand deliver it!

I hope Patch does well on this food, and then ill keep ordering from these guys.

Do you guys think Chicken is better than lamb?
Or as long as it's not beef its ok?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts