Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well we went and saw Tanners mommy Lucky and his runt sister Bella last weekend and of course I took pictures. I didn't take Tanner with us but I did bring my camera. Bella use to look the most like a boxer but not anymore. Bella and Roxy have both gotten long muzzles. Tanners is very wide and boxy. So he is now the one to look most like a boxer out of the 3 pups. Also Bella use to have boxer fur but it is now starting to be just like Roxy and Tanners fur. I can tell how people can take mixed pups to a parking lot when they are small and convince people that they are full blooded and then later when the pups get bigger, it is obvious that they are NOT full blooded. So here goes pics of Tanners mom Lucky and then his sister Bella.

Okay Bella is the one on the far right. Tanner is in the front and then the one next to Bella is Roxy.

Now here are the new pics of Bella and their mommy Lucky.

If you look, you can tell how much better Lucky looks now since she has a good home that actually feeds her and takes care of her now. You really can't even see her ribs anymore. She is such a pretty lady.

The pups are all going to be taller then their mom Lucky.

I love this pic of Lucky.

Sorry told you there were alot of them. I think they either look lab mix or german shepard mix. But I have seen both mixes and can see them both in all dogs. So maybe they are boxer, german shepard, lab mix. LOL What do you guys think? Here are some new ones of Tanner I took tonight. Sorry about the yard, we have no rain so we hardly have any green grass.

He was 4 months old on the 9th of this month. Here is a video of him too.
Just click on the pic and it will take you to the video.

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
They all look so good! Love those ears on Bella - too much! :lol:

OT - when I want Sophie to shake with her other foot, I use the command "switch." So now "shake" gets me the left foot, and "switch" gets me the right. :D

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks I will try that. Usually he will shake with one paw and then automatically put up the second one. But of course I had the camera in my hand and so he was more interested in that then doing what I ask of him. Plus he was looking for a treat and I need to go to the store and get some more.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would say it is about 3/4 of an inch long and pretty thick.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Whatever he is mixed with he is very cute and getting thick and large. I love seeing pups from the get go and watch them grow up. Everybody are looking good. Did Lucky get her heartworm treatment yet? She is looking healthy.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
debs said:
Whatever he is mixed with he is very cute and getting thick and large. I love seeing pups from the get go and watch them grow up. Everybody are looking good. Did Lucky get her heartworm treatment yet? She is looking healthy.
The vet has actually talked my mother in law out of treating her for it. :( He said with her age it might not prolong her life. If she was my dog I would do it anyways. But since she is not I have no say in it. I know it is costly but I would still do it. She is around 6 years old. Not too old in my eyes.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
She's not to old. I had my shepard/dobie treated around that age and she lived until she got cancer at 12 years. I would try to talk your inlaw into treating her.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
debs said:
She's not to old. I had my shepard/dobie treated around that age and she lived until she got cancer at 12 years. I would try to talk your inlaw into treating her.

I will tell her this. I know she loves her and wants nothing to happen to her but I also know she has already had to spend alot of money on her that she hadn't expected with how bad Lucky was when she got her and the hard time she had giving birth to the pups and after having the pups. She had planned on doing the heartworm treatment early and that is why we took Tanner early but then my husbands little sister wasn't able to move out of their rental house when they had planned so my mother in law still had Bella and she just stopped nursing not very long ago. And the vet would not do the treatment while she was nursing Bella. Lucky does look alot better but I know heartworm could take awhile to show signs. She is such a sweet dog and it is amazing how trusting she is after what she had been through. I don't know how anyone could neglect animals like her previous owners did. She is not losing fur anymore so that is good. And she has gained a lot of weight that is also good. We know she came from an EXCELLENT breeder because my husbands older sister is the one who bought her from the breeder. But then they ended up giving her to her husbands sister and her family and that is where it went down hill. So I know Tanner should be fine on that side but who knows about his fathers side. I just know we will do all we can for him no matter the cost. He was a gift from God and I know that he will never replace Faith in my heart (since she was a BIG mamas girl) but he has helped heal the hurt of losing her. It will always be hard to even try to be nice to my neighbor because of all she did to Faith and causing us to have to give her up. My daughter still crys for her sometimes. I don't know when she will heal. She thinks it is her fault that we had to give her back even though she knows all that our neighbor did to Faith. I really feel like Faith would have sooner or later do something to our neighbor to protect herself against how mean our neighbor was being to her. Would I blame her? NO but the media and everyone else would because she was possibly a pit mix. That is not what I wanted for her. I wanted her to have a chance at life. Okay I will stop rambling about Faith. I know this is suppose to be about Tanner. I just still miss her very much and it hurts knowing she is only a few blocks away and I can't go see her. :cry:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts