Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Buddha my OEB has always had a very sensitive stomach. When he was a small pup he got into some poisonous berries out front of our house and threw up for an entire weekend. Ever since then he throws up very easy.

He also is a pig, if he can ingest something, he ingests all of it as fast as he can. If we give him access to water at all times he drinks all of it at once, takes a few steps and then throws it up. My carpets have been shampooed more times than I can count because of this. He'll do the same with his food but we measure his food so it has never been a problem.

My question is, how much water should a dog drink in a day, especially in the summer. He's in a crate in the garage during the day so hes not in the heat. Right now he gets like 1/4 to a 1/2 a bowl of water with breakfast. 1/4 of a bowl when we get back from our jog with his dinner, and then another 1/4 of a bowl sometime during the evening, and whatever toilet water he drinks before we stop him.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I will help you.

You are thinking to much. I would leave a bowl of fresh water daily for the dog and be done with it. The animal will drink what it needs. Don't worry about it.

Nothing like a cool glass of H2O,

Jackie, the water boy

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Deuce had this problem when he was about 9-12 weeks. I wouldn't take the water up all the time, but just when he was drinking non stop I would take it for a few minutes, then put it back down. He grew out of it in a few weeks and hasn't done it since. He is now 6 months.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: I will help you.

Jackie said:
You are thinking to much. I would leave a bowl of fresh water daily for the dog and be done with it. The animal will drink what it needs. Don't worry about it.

Nothing like a cool glass of H2O,

Jackie, the water boy
Yea thats the thing, if I put a full bowl down. He will drink the entire bowl at once, walk away and throw it all up. He has been doing this since he was a puppy, and is over a year and a half now. I've started just stopping him from drinking after I think he has had enough. But when he is free in the house, he'll inevitably wander back over there when I am not paying attention and drink it all. He does the same with toilet water. I think he's just obsessive over his water for whatever reason.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts