Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I took the afternoon off work again, I'm not feeling well. Plus the new girl we hired, decided to not show up yesterday. Her reason? She got another job. :roll: So tomorrow's her last day.

I got home around 2 pm. I ate lunch and watched a bit of tv, and then laid down for a nap around 3. My fiance had the day off, and he woke me up around 3:45, because he was talking on the phone. He nudged me, and told me to look out the basement window. I saw a tail. I told him to go outside and see what kind of dog it was. It was a cute little beagle mix, friendly little thing. He came right up to Dennis. He had no tags on, just a blue collar. We put him in the backyard, and I called the Humane Society and Animal Control to see if anyone had reported him missing. No one had. We walked around our neighborhood and no one recognized the dog. We put the little dog in the car and drove around to see if anyone was out looking for him, we didn't see anyone. We also stopped at 2 dog grooming salons that are close by seeing if he maybe escaped. He didn't look like he had been recently groomed, but we had to try.

With no luck, we called the Pantagraph and put an ad in the paper. We can't keep him, because 1. he's a male, and 2. Dennis started sneezing really badly(for some reason, dogs with longer fur bother him). I put in a found pet report with the Humane Society, and then called Animal Control to come get him. I feel bad for the poor dog, he was taken care of, but not well. He had tartar build up, his dew claws were so long they were curling, and he had this tumor looking bulge on his chest. Animal Control said if no one claims him within 7 days, they will turn him over to the Humane Society for adoption. I snapped a couple of pics of him, I hope his owner finds him.

Oh, forgot to mention the reason he was sniffing around our yard. We have this huge plant(I'm not very good with them :oops: ) right outside our basement window. I had to see what he was sniffing at, and there is a nest of baby bunnies. They don't even have their fur yet.

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Leeann.Bella.Remy said:
Aww....what a cutie. I hope someone is out there looking for him.

Any idea how he got in your backyard?
He wasn't in the backyard, he was on the side of the house. This is the second dog in our yard in a week! We're lucky we knew who the first dog belonged to(it was Haus' little friend, Rocky).

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Kasco said:
maryserratos said:
Awww..poor doggy!!

So wheres the pictures of the bunnies!?!?
Great idea! I wanna see baby bunnies.

Poor pup. Hope he gets a home. :(
They are SO little, I'm trying to disturb them as little as possible. We're going to keep checking on them though. I'll take pics tomorrow :)

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
Being a beagle, he could have come from a LONG way away. Once they get on a scent, they will follow it until they fall off the edge of the earth. I hope you find his home. He's a cutie. I grew up with beagles, so I have a bit of a weakness for them (as is evidenced by my recent fostering activities :wink: ).

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Better keep an eye on Haus or he might find those bunnies, and then its bye bye baby bunny. My mom's dogs always find the baby bunnies in the yard since she lives in the country. She has to keep an eye on them so they won't get to the bunnies.

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
deuce's mommy said:
Better keep an eye on Haus or he might find those bunnies, and then its bye bye baby bunny. My mom's dogs always find the baby bunnies in the yard since she lives in the country. She has to keep an eye on them so they won't get to the bunnies.
The bunnies are outside of the fence, where Haus never goes.

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
HausMommy said:
deuce's mommy said:
The bunnies are outside of the fence, where Haus never goes.
We had litters of bunnies in our backyard twice last summer. It was really hard to keep Bella away from them. We thought all of the bunnies were gone one day, but there was still one left in the nest. Bella got it and punctured its leg. The little bunny screams were so sad. :( We ended up giving the bunny to a lady who does small animal rehabilitation.

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Update*

Humane Society just called. A man came in today looking for his male beagle. They just called me and I let them know that Animal Control had the dog.

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bremner53 said:
I am happy he found his owner!! :)
Me too! I hope paying the fees at AC to get his dog back, will teach him to keep tags on him. If the dog would have had tags, we might have held him for the owner. We just didn't want to take a chance though.

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
HausMommy said:
Update*

Humane Society just called. A man came in today looking for his male beagle. They just called me and I let them know that Animal Control had the dog.

Hoooray! I'm a sucker for happy endings. :D

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ambulldogpup said:
Where's those pictures you said you were going to take of the bunnies??? :lol: :?:
I just got home from work. I gotta feed Haus and cook dinner. I'll take them in just a bit :wink:

·
Banned
3,413 Posts
HausMommy said:
ambulldogpup said:
Where's those pictures you said you were going to take of the bunnies??? :lol: :?:
I just got home from work. I gotta feed Haus and cook dinner. I'll take them in just a bit :wink:
Yay! I was looking forward to seeing them when I read your post yesterday. :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts