Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Agent Squint
4,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a highly recommended trianer, I cantacted him for 1 to 1 training, but he says to save money come to his grp Saturday mornings and see how we get on :)

We will be learning recall and distraction to begin with :)

·
Registered
448 Posts
I hope it goes well for you and Roxy. Have loads of fun :D

·
Registered
426 Posts
Good luck with the training! Tia and I have been twice to a class but we had to stop going for a few weeks as she got 'kennel cough' from somewhere :( She's had antibiotics and has made a good recovery so we can get back to it next week! It's good fun and it's lovely to see loads of little cute puppies :D

·
Agent Squint
4,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Training went well :) He said she was a healthy,happy dog and be easy to train....just me that needs the training lol!

The other dogs there where just as bad, a pointer puppy bitch kept launching/growling at Roxy, she just ignored it. But after the lesson he said shall we let the dogs of the leash and let them play together.....I'm like ' ur dog is growling and snarling at mine, do you really think it is a good idea?' he said 'yeh :) they will be ok once they are of the leash' so I told him if his dog carried on that way when they are both unleashed Roxy will respond and probably kill his dog, and I asked if he still think its a good idea...? Well by this time hes moved away from us...... LOL

I learnt so much today! like never to repeat a command, and never use the dogs name in a command.....

I'll write more later when Jamie is in bed :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts