Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the first week in September. I found a few trainers through a website, but I only came across one who would actually let Diesel interact with other dogs in class. I also thought he was the best pick since as well as a trainer he's also a behaviorist. He's going to come to the house and help get our Dalmatian to stop barking after we see how well Diesel does in class.

I couldn't believe how many trainers in our area really don't either want to train pit bulls or if they do they don't let them interact. It made me really sad.

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
Congrats on finding a trainer that you are comfortable with. But not allowing a Pitbull to be with other dog is not a bad thing. Pitbulls are known for dog aggression,not to be confused with human aggression. My dog is an AB and her best friend is a pitbull but I have told my friend that once they hit about one years old I am not going to let them play anymore. They get along like peas and carrots now but they are just puppies 5 and 7 months once that year, give or take, hits they are far more likly to get into fight ecspecially since they are both female. I jusdt don't want to risk our dogs safety.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The trainer only lets them interact for about 10 minutes a session. I thought I read somewhere though that they need interaction just like other dogs just not unsupervised? If what I read was wrong you all have to help me out here since I'm new to the bully breeds.

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
They don't need to interact with other dogs, you are enough. However, not all Pits are dog aggressive but the majority will at some point show dog agression...... Absolutely, they always need to be supervised when playing with other dogs, Always ....I doubt at 6 months that you will have problem but there is always a chance. My point was that a trainer not taking the chance with your dog, in my opinion, is an admirable trait ..I am sure that you will have a good time training your baby...If you have never owned a bully before welcome to your new favorite breed. :D

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I just finished my training classes with my dogs and I have to say in this area pitbulls are accepted everywhere I am very lucky and we had a great trainer the biggest problem I had was finding a good trainer i trusted and not because of what breed they were.
Mine they interacted with the other dogs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts