Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

Weak tempered dog

998 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Lisa 
#1 ·
Hiho everyone!

I just finished reading a post about people getting mad at other people diagnosing thier pooches as "weak tempered" and the owners getting offended by it. Yes ofcourse we will get a little defensive when someone calls thier baby weak. i just don't think we should be arguing here we're here to support eachother not argue

#2 ·
I think everyone understands that most people are going to love their pets regardless of their temperament. However, the important thing is people understand what type of dog they have and do everything possible to keep it and the people who may encounter it safe. It's not like people are telling others their dogs are weak so they can purposely hurt their feelings and make them feel bad. That is not people's intentions. If someone has a fearful dog, it is important for them to understand that many times its not going to get better and often times a dog that is fearful can end up biting. The majority of dogs bites are from fearful dogs. Fearful dogs are unpredictable and can lash out when you least expect it. It is important people reealize this so as not to have their bully tear a chunk out of some kid and end up on the 6 o clock news. If we aren't honest with people who have dogs with obvious temperament issues then people will unknowingly put their dogs in situations where people could be at risk. The bully breeds do not need to make any more headlines because their owners didn't recongnize that their dog had temperamental issues and was a bomb ready to explode. Its good you realize Nelson has a problem, and as a bully owner I hope you keep him away from situations he may not be comfortable in. Just keep in mind that when people come here explaining issues they may have with their dogs, and people come back and say its genetic, they aren't trying to be a smart ass. They want people to undertand what they have act accordingly. No need to get offended. Besides, what should they expect if they come here making a post about their fear/aggressive dog? That is the last thing that should be sugarcoated. The bully breeds have enough problems already. We need to keep our bullies out of the spotlight, not in it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.