Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a six month old blue and white female APBT puppy I have been giving her Nu Vet. I was wondering what the average weight of a six month old female was and what weight I might expect her to be as an adult. Her weight as of today id 50 lbs. Do you think she will rech the 84 lbs. that my adult male is?

·
Registered
720 Posts
To give you somewhat of an example my ambull was 65lbs when 6months old and he is now 3yrs old and weighs between 100 in the summer and 110lbs in the winter, so yeah I would say 85lbs is right about the weight she will be when mature!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
She is all muscle and well proportioned I think that all I read about the Nu Vet is true. They say it turns your females into males and your males into monsters. The other thing with her is that she was the runt.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
markandkilo said:
She is all muscle and well proportioned I think that all I read about the Nu Vet is true. They say it turns your females into males and your males into monsters. The other thing with her is that she was the runt.
I am so confused by your statements. Is that why you got a "pit"? So you could have a monster? Just what we need.....more non-standard fashion accessory gotta be huge to look cool "pits".

The APBT is a MEDIUM SIZED BREED. It is NOT a large breed nor a monstrous breed. 85lbs is well above the normal size. My advice is to understand the breed & learn what the correct standards are. If you don't like them, find a new breed to "monstrasize".

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Listen ROOKIE I know more about American Pitbull Terriers than you will ever learn. I don't have my dog in conformation shows I have my dog aas a pet. So if she is bigger than your dog so be it you win the dog show but I have my dogs heart and that is better than any ribbon.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
markandkilo said:
Listen ROOKIE I know more about American Pitbull Terriers than you will ever learn. I don't have my dog in conformation shows I have my dog aas a pet. So if she is bigger than your dog so be it you win the dog show but I have my dogs heart and that is better than any ribbon.
Me? Rookie? LOL.

However, you & your use of this breed as a fashion accessory really speaks volumes on your character. I just hope you move on to a newer, better, & more "monstrous" breed soon. Until then, try not to do too much damage.

·
Registered
10,116 Posts
Miakoda - I don't see anywhere in this post that she insinuates her dog is a fashion accessory. Blue pits (Woops, I said it again!) are usually a bit larger, I'm guessing they probably have some Neapolitan Mastiff mixed in there somewhere down the line to produce the color, I don't know. But I wouldn't go as far as calling them "monsters."

Does this look like the face of a monster to you?

Of course not. Yet he is 7 mos old and 52 pounds. Just because some people have bigger dogs than others, does not mean they are trying to look like thugs. I'm a very tiny woman, very non-threatening and friendly... my dog wears cute collars and sits in my lap. Not everyone who has a dog larger than standard is trying to "look cool" like you think. Think outside of your standard conformation bubble. Some people just love their dogs, no matter what size they are, and no matter what size they are "supposed" to be. Who cares, just love your dog... that's why we're all here. If someone wants to ask a question about weight, there's no reason to attack or insult. And I'd say a good percentage of your posts are attacking SOMEONE. It's really getting old.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
LuvaBULL said:
Miakoda - I don't see anywhere in this post that she insinuates her dog is a fashion accessory. Blue pits (Woops, I said it again!) are usually a bit larger, I'm guessing they probably have some Neapolitan Mastiff mixed in there somewhere down the line to produce the color, I don't know. But I wouldn't go as far as calling them "monsters."

Does this look like the face of a monster to you?

Of course not. Yet he is 7 mos old and 52 pounds. Just because some people have bigger dogs than others, does not mean they are trying to look like thugs. I'm a very tiny woman, very non-threatening and friendly... my dog wears cute collars and sits in my lap. Not everyone who has a dog larger than standard is trying to "look cool" like you think. Think outside of your standard conformation bubble. Some people just love their dogs, no matter what size they are, and no matter what size they are "supposed" to be. Who cares, just love your dog... that's why we're all here. If someone wants to ask a question about weight, there's no reason to attack or insult. And I'd say a good percentage of your posts are attacking SOMEONE. It's really getting old.
Actually, a good percentage of my posts are defending the breed & trying to let others see & understand that by buying these oversized dogs that do not conform in any way to the breed's already set in stone standards, that they are just putting more & more money into the hands of byb's & puppy peddlers that are in turn killing this breed. Anyone who doesn't breed dogs to the highest of standards & doesn't judge their dogs by the breed's standards is a byb. Plain & simple.

I myself have an oversized "pit bull" who happens to be a gorgeous blue brindle. He is now weighing in at a whopping 70lbs & wouldn't you know it he was left behind by his owners to die? Thousands of these "rare" kinds of dogs are dumped every month. (I also strongly believe my mutt has some mastiff mixed in somewhere down the line due to lots of excess skin, humogous feet, & seriously floppy flews).

And btw, I was responding to the op's comment of giving her dog Nu-Vet in the hopes of turning it into a "monster". Considering this is a medium sized breed who has no "monster" within it, the only conclusion that came to mind is that she was using her dog to fulfill her own ego & inadequacies. If someone wants a "monster", get a mastiff. (however, many people don't want to do that b/c then they cannot ride the name of the APBT for all it's "hype & glory")

·
Registered
10,116 Posts
I think a lot of people who are buying pets just don't know about what's standard, or they just aren't educated enough to care. A lot of people, like me... just looked around for someone nearby who had pups for sale. I found Koa on Petfinder.com. I didn't plan to show or breed, and I just wanted another dog to love. I had never HEARD of his bloodlines at the time, and didn't know that "blues" were thought to be a "hot item." I just saw pics of 4 different puppies, and I fell in love with Koa's face... and when I saw him in person, I knew he was meant for me.

It just gets really old that every person who has a blue pit on here, or a dog that weighs more than 40 pounds, gets accused of trying to boost their ego or look like a thug. I had no idea my dog would weigh this much. He was 3 pounds when I picked him out! Would he ever win a title? Probably not. But he sure stole my heart, that's all that matters.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
LuvaBULL said:
I think a lot of people who are buying pets just don't know about what's standard, or they just aren't educated enough to care. A lot of people, like me... just looked around for someone nearby who had pups for sale. I found Koa on Petfinder.com. I didn't plan to show or breed, and I just wanted another dog to love. I had never HEARD of his bloodlines at the time, and didn't know that "blues" were thought to be a "hot item." I just saw pics of 4 different puppies, and I fell in love with Koa's face... and when I saw him in person, I knew he was meant for me.

It just gets really old that every person who has a blue pit on here, or a dog that weighs more than 40 pounds, gets accused of trying to boost their ego or look like a thug. I had no idea my dog would weigh this much. He was 3 pounds when I picked him out! Would he ever win a title? Probably not. But he sure stole my heart, that's all that matters.
I never said anyone & everyone who does get a huge dog is a thug. I also could care less if the dog is blue, red, white, pink, or purple. My comments were to address the fact that people want to give supplements that the owner knows nothing about that in fact do nothing for the dog in order to achieve this huge monster of an animal. That's it. If you feel accused, I'm sorry. But I also want to ad that lack of education or ignorance is not an excuse.

·
Registered
10,116 Posts
An excuse for WHAT? Having a pet that doesn't fit standard? I honestly don't see where you're coming from. Maybe if everyone bought dogs with the intent to breed, show or work, then it would have more importance. But they don't. So sometimes, standard goes right out the window, and nobody loses sleep at night. I don't support puppy mills or BYBs any more than the next person, but my point is that not everyone's pets are going to fit some guidelines that somebody else decided was proper. Humans aren't the same size they were 100 years ago either... nutrition has changed, and we have evolved. I would imagine that most pets are healthier, stronger, larger, and living longer due to advanced medicine and good nutrition, provided that they have caring owners. "Standard" will eventually have to change.

And no you didn't say anyone and everyone who has a large dog is a thug, but you sure mention it A LOT. And if I cared enough, I would go through and point out each time you've said it to prove my point, but I really don't care. It's not like I think I can actually get you to open your mind. I think I'd get farther by talking to a wall. ](*,)

:wink:

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
People who breed out of standard dogs for pets are back yard breeders & puppy peddlers. If someone buys a dog from them then they support them. How is that not bad for the breed?

And don't talk to me about the breed & the breed standards changing b/c they are not. They are only changing for those who wish to change the breed into something different that fits their own personal likes & dislikes. However I don't see people struggling to change other breeds like they are trying to change these.

I'm not here trying to be an ass. I'm here to try & educate people & make some aware that through purposefuly bad intentions or uneducated, naive ones, the breed is going downhill.....& fast. And it's very possible that the only way my grandchildren will get to see a true APBT is in pictures b/c the breed will have been ruined & killed off by then. But if that's ok with you..............

Peole say that they love the breed, but what they really love is the name & the whole stigma/honor/pride that goes with it. To truly love the breed one must love it as it was, as it is, & as it should be. If someone doesn't like the fact that the APBT is a medium sized dog aggressive breed then get a new one. Don't try & change it just to ride the name.

·
Registered
10,116 Posts
People can love the APBT, what it stands for, what it has been, and what it should be... AND still love their own dogs who may not fit that standard. And that doesn't make them bad people, or thugs, or people just looking for the "reputation" of having a pit bull. (Not denying that those bad people exist, because they do -- but it IS possible to own a dog that doesn't suit conformation, and still love and support the breed.) That was my only point. If all the people who acquired dogs that were outside the standard didn't truly love the breed, then I guess 90% of our members must suck, huh? Why are we all here then?

All animals are deserving of love. Whether they fit your standard or not. Luckily there are people like me, and many other forum members, who will give them loving homes. Not everyone decides to "cull" just because their pup presents with something some organization deems as a flaw. Sounds like if the world was YOUR way, you'd have all the rescues PTS, so they don't ruin your precious standard. IMHO, a life is more precious than your standard.

·
Banned
3,413 Posts
ambull040769 said:
To give you somewhat of an example my ambull was 65lbs when 6months old and he is now 3yrs old and weighs between 100 in the summer and 110lbs in the winter, so yeah I would say 85lbs is right about the weight she will be when mature!
Well bred American Pit Bull Terriers standard is overall smaller then Am. Bulldogs.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
See the thing is is that people DONT love their dogs for what they are. Nooooo, what their dogs are born as isnt good enough for people anymore. They constantly need to change them by cropping ears or docking tails or giving suppliments to make them bigger or chaining weights around their necks to make them more muscular, etc. etc. etc.

If more people would love their dogs for what they are then dogs wouldnt have to endure pain to have their ears or tails chopped off because thats the look the person wants, dogs wouldnt have to have to be chained to 20lb chains 24/7 because the owner think it looks cool(oh wait my bad..they're protecting their dogs..yea protecting..sure :roll: ), or dogs wouldnt have 10lb collars strapped onto their neck because the owner wants a more muscular dog, etc. etc. etc.

it is absolutely fricken rediculous what people will do to their dogs to make them look a certain way because god forbid the dog just live naturally and be what it naturally is, nope thats not good enough for the wonderful vein humans that walk this earth.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts