Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Errm.. in Bully Breeds August issue .. it says the most weight pulled by a dog was an American Bulldog, pulling 6,100LBS :shock: is this a typo.. ? or can some of these dogs pull that much?

·
Banned
1,365 Posts
KyleB said:
Errm.. in Bully Breeds August issue .. it says the most weight pulled by a dog was an American Bulldog, pulling 6,100LBS :shock: is this a typo.. ? or can some of these dogs pull that much?
The grandmother to my AB was pulling right at 3000lb..so could be possible..I have seen APBTs pull that and more...

I am not into it..but I am sure at least one of these folks are into it..or have studied it a little more than myself..I am sure someone on here will have a answer for U..

e.

·
Registered
5,272 Posts
it is, more than likely, not a typo. last top weight i had heard was 5800. i would imagine things have gone up since then

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
I thought the record holder for the most weight pulled was a 40 pound pit, guessing it was beat many times already.

I want to maybe get my next pit into that, I don't like how serious they treat it though. I'd rather it be a fun competition.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
freakin crazy lol :shock: thatd be like hooking a harness up to my 100 pound 12 year old brother, and having him pull a pickup truck..

wow, strong freakin dogs lol

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
It's only half strength.. the rest is pure determination!
You can have a strong dog but if they don't want to pull, they won't pull.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
You should see Huskies in sled pulls! Or the Bernese Mountain Dogs...they were bred to pull! Don't get me wrong, the APBT is a very strong breed, but there are much stronger breeds out there & they are amazing to watch.

IWPA pulls are fun b/c of the diversity of breeds entered.

·
Registered
55 Posts
that 6100 lb is pulled, not lifted - so the friction in the wheels, and overcoming the inertia are most of the resistance.
but doesn't the surface they pull across vary? (hard surface vs carpet-like surface)
do they ever drag the weight, friction and all, or is it always something on wheels - that sort of thing would make a big difference.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Different pulls are conducted on different surfaces and methods... some pulls are done on a carpeted surface pulling a cart on wheels, others are pulled on a cart on tracks, and yet others are pulled on sleds...when you look at all the pulling organizations and records set, it will tell you what type of pull it was. I have links to multiple weight pull sites on my links page (IWPA, APA, UKC, etc.) feel free to take a peek!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Carrie said:
Different pulls are conducted on different surfaces and methods... some pulls are done on a carpeted surface pulling a cart on wheels, others are pulled on a cart on tracks, and yet others are pulled on sleds...when you look at all the pulling organizations and records set, it will tell you what type of pull it was. I have links to multiple weight pull sites on my links page (IWPA, APA, UKC, etc.) feel free to take a peek!
thanks - that's awesome.

...just went outside to check out my own strength...

dragged my house down the block.
no problem for me, but it must be because i have good grip under my shoes, and i did coat the underside of my house with butter.

:naka:

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
CGraney said:
Carrie said:
thanks - that's awesome.

...just went outside to check out my own strength...

dragged my house down the block.
no problem for me, but it must be because i have good grip under my shoes, and i did coat the underside of my house with butter.

:naka:
Lmao! :lol:

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
LOL at dragging the house down the road!

Miakoda, don't forget the rotties. They do something called carting, they pull carts full of people.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts