Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been goin my regualr obedience class and our trainer said that I really should get my Mick into some weightpulling competitions. I was just kinda conecerned if this is healthy for them to be pulling that much weight. I think he would really enjoy doing it and it probally would be pretty good I just dont want to shorten his life in any way with arthritis or hip issues from weight pulling. HAs anyone had thier bullys try this and how has the experience been

·
Agent Squint
3,627 Posts
Or, since you're in Ohio, check out http://www.pulldoggies.com/
He's also big in to weight pulling. He RUNS some competitions, his name is also Todd, and he'll really be able to help you out there locally. My girl, Montana is from his kennel and my boy Messiah is being used to stud for the litter he has coming up in a couple weeks. The dam is PDK's Tangerine Road (aka Tangi), she's already done some pretty impressive work in pulling competitions.

I've done a little bit of training and have been told after they're developed, grown up, it shouldn't be unhealthy for them to a point that it'll shorten their lives. But, that's just one opinion.

~S

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.