Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My baby girl gets the knife! Is there anything I should do to prepare for her spay-ing tomorrow. I know no food or water after midnight tonight but is there anything else...I am a wreck over this!

Well Scarlet came home Wed afternoon...I have never seen a dog that f**ked up before sorry but it was funny. She of course slept all night Wed. and most of Thur. She has a very small insicion(sp?) about 1 1/2 inches. The vet also did all stiching internally so we dont have to worry about her pulling them out or take her back in to have them removed. Clutch has been so good I am so happy with him. When we brought her home there was about 5 min. of excitement we just kept pushing him away from her and he cought on very quickly. He knows something is up. She has her spot on the couch and he will not bother her other then coming over ever few to lick her face. He also comes up and just puts his head next to hers on the couch and will just lay it there looking at her and keeping her company. She has not eaten any of her food yet...but she is still happy to take in some cheese so we have been giving her a few slices just to keep her tummy with something in it. She did puke a few times but I think it was because she had and empty tummy cause as soon as she had some cheese in it she stopped. She has drank some water but hopefully today she will eat. Vet said she would be groogy(sp?) through this morning prolly. He said that by Sunday she should be back to her normal self and OK to have some activity. Thanks so much guys for all the care for her...I needed it more than her!!!

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Both of my girls were fixed when we got them but I wanted to let you know she will be in my thoughts! I will be praying all goes well! [-o<

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
my prayers are with you both. as you know Baylee just got hers done this past friday. i'm still a wreck. i'm taking her in today for a follow up cuz i'm not comfortable with the bulge underneath the incision.

expect this the day you bring her home, she will be extrememly groggy, she will want to poop alot, she will have trouble. my girl didn't eat or drink until saturday. but offer small amounts every 20 minutes. don't let her fill up on food or water it will make her bloat.

be prepared for vomit. it may or may not happen. baylee only puked once.

also be prepared that the following day she will be back to normal and will want to play. keep it limited.

good luck, and again, my prayers are with you :wink:

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I don't know of anything else you can do to prepare. She will be just fine! Our thoughts and prayers will be with her.

When I went to pick Jaz up, you would have never guessed she had anything done. Everybody said she would be grogy and tired but nope, not my Jaz. We tried keeping her from playing too much but she ended up tearing around the house like a nut. :roll:

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
There's nothing else you need to do to prepare. She will be just fine, mom, don't worry. :D

Snarky, the bulge underneath the incision is probably the internal suture. They stitch up the muscle wall, then stitch up the skin, and sometimes it leaves a bump. Is it just a little hard bump, or a big soft bulge? There is always the slightest chance of a hernia, but that's really rare.

·
Registered
52 Posts
It's very nerve racking but I'm sure she'll be just fine. Lilly and Lila went to surgery together, came home the next day. Very hard to keep them calm, they didn't seem to notice that they'd had surgery. The hardest thing I had to deal with was keeping the stitches dry, they both licked at them a lot. The "satellite dishes" just made them lick each others stitches. I'd had been told to put t-shirts on them will get them to leave it alone (again they just chewed at them).

She'll be in my thoughts.

Good luck

Michele

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys for the support...

Snarky ...i read your thread earlier today and quickly closed it! It freaked me out...lol

but I know I should not worry I think all will be good she comes home tomorrow too. I have no computer at home right now and I am off wirk the next day so I will update you all on friday when I come back to work!

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
cfhoftampa said:
Thanks guys for the support...

Snarky ...i read your thread earlier today and quickly closed it! It freaked me out...lol

but I know I should not worry I think all will be good she comes home tomorrow too. I have no computer at home right now and I am off wirk the next day so I will update you all on friday when I come back to work!
i'm sorry! it freaked me out too.... doesn't bother baylee one bit. lol....

with all the repetitive responses saying it's normal, and my vet said it's normal, i'm much more relieved. again, i will take her if it doesn't go down in a timely manner.

be braver than me, please, for your pups sake!

so sorry for the scare! :wink:

·
Super Moderator
15,976 Posts
Good luck but I know she will do just fine. More scarey for you than her.

#1. Make sure you get pain meds. They will keep her calm for the next couple of days while she
is healing.

#2. Have a soft comfy spot for her to lay in, as all she will want to do is sleep when she gets
back home.

#3. Let her eat when she is ready - do not tempt her.

# 4. Follow the vets instructions and you and she will be fine.

I did not have any problem from Clara trying to get to her incisions and she is a VERY active dog. Hopefully you won't either.
:D

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks! well I dropped her off at 7:00 this morning and she had no clue. That the sh*tty part...you cant tell them whats going on so its like you just throw them into it...do you know what I mean??? She told me I could call after 1:00 to see how she is doing....she is prolly under the knife right now :cry: I pick her up at 5:00ish if all goes well. Thanks again for you support and Snarky no problem...I am glad to here it is normal cause now I wont freak when it happens to Scarlet.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
RED said:
Get the camera out, she will be making some funny faces caused by the meds. I laughed at poor Chassis.
its not a time to joke...playing with ya! I dont have a camera....how lame is that! I do need to get one though...maybe this will intice(sp?) me to go out and buy one...sheesh!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts