Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, Deuce has been doing awesome about going potty outside only. BUT, he has some thing for peeing on beds. If he ever sneaks into our room he runs straight to the bed and squats. Tonight I had the pull out bed in the living room out and he squated and peed on it. He has always done this. I don't know what to do. I try the things that worked for the house training but it doesn't work. Anybody have some advice?

· Registered
864 Posts
Is he allowed to sleep on the bed? if so, remove the privledge each night does this. Also, keep the doors closed.

· Registered
4,432 Posts
Your bed probably does not have the scent to you but he can still smell it I would so a heavy duty clean to your mattress, with Nature's mircale if you have a steam cleaner I woudl use that too, and sit it out in the sun for a day, when you are home :lol: I am no expert but that may help

· Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well he definately doesn't sleep in bed with us. He pees on it as soon as his paws touch the bed. He does it with blankets on the floor too, if they are really thick even if they have just been cleaned. I don't get it. No carpet, just beds and blankets.

· Registered
4 Posts
Buckwheat does/did this too. We bought that Urine Gone stuff from on TV off of Ebay. It seems to get the smell out of the bedding. Buck would pee on any kind of bedding we had. Eventually he has seemed to stop this. Hopefully your doggy will grow out of it. :oops:

· Registered
139 Posts
Funny story, Jack is totally potty trained. He never makes a mess inside. BUT a few months ago, after we went swimming and sunning, we went in to take a nap on my bed. We were cuddeling(ya know hugging and bonding) and then I thought I heard a pissing sound.....What??? Whats that?? He was sleeping in my arms and peeing right on the blankets and right on me!!!!! I was like...OMG!!! Get up and get off and go potty outside you little freak!!!! 2 minutes of peeing on the grass and two loads of laundry later..I could laugh about it!! :lol: I learned a lesson..no sleeping on my bed after swimming!! What a baby.... :lol:
I still laugh about that..

· Registered
81 Posts
my dog did that also anad only a few times and of course never when I saw him do it....hes since got over it and only did a few times, but its a mess to clean up...I think its some kind of marking thing ....and hes been potty trained like a saint hes awesomee so it was a shocker to me

· Registered
492 Posts
i had a room mate one time and her boy friend stayed over one night
got up to go to work one morning and they heard us so they opened the door to say hi to the pups and our male went in got right between them and peeded all over the both of them it was quite funny to me at the time so i slacked his but told him no no and put him outside brought him back in and he went right back up stairs went into the room and peed all over my room mates boyfriends back pack and shoes witch it thought was amuzing couse i really didnt like the sob any way it so that was the end of the boyfriend staying over she moved out and comes around once and a wile to see the pups and every time her boyfriend comes here he get peeded on dont know what it is but i think its funny

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.