Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay not me exactly. And no we are not BYB's. My mother in law adopted a full blooded Boxer that was my brother in law's sisters dog. They moved out of state and were not able to take Lucky with them. They had no clue however, that she was pregnant. So my mother in law has had her for around 3 weeks and this morning she gave birth to puppies! We have no clue what they are mixed with but they sure look like Boxers. There were 5 born total. The first one happened while they were sleeping and half of the body was gone. :cry: :shock: We guess she ate half of it?. And then 3 more were born 2 females (one the runt) and one male. Then 1 more was born later breech and stillborn. They tried warm towels and everything to get her breathing but nothing worked. So she has 3 alive. And my sister in law has one boxer and he is a male so she is going to take the big girl and we are going to take the male. Of course when they are old enough. We have also found a picture on petfinder.com of a dog that looks like Faith dead out!!!! Here is the link for it. She is a Boxer/Whippet mix. If she isn't, these two sure look alike. It's nice to finally find a dog that looks like her. I have looked forever. Of course I'm sure we will still have to abide by the BSL because they will say she is a pb mix. But I don't care. I have fallen for the bully breeds also after being on here. I want my next dog down the road, to be an american bulldog! They are so stinking cute! Okay here is the petfinder link for Faith's long lost twin and then I will post pic's of our boxer babies.

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?&petid=6037871

Proud mamma Lucky sorry it is so blurry but my camera battery was going dead.

Our puppy is in this photo and he is the top one by her front legs. He is the biggest and loves to eat.

This one is of our puppy and the one my sister in law is taking. Her's is the one with the white around her neck. Mine is the darker one.

Our baby boy and the runt female. She is so little compared to our big boy. The runt is by the back legs.

A close up of our baby boy.

A belly picture.

Close up.

Me and my new baby. This is my mother in laws house.

All cuddled up!

Sorry I warned you lots of pictures! I love them. We will get the dew claws removed this week I guess. And they are wanting to crop the tails. First of all do you have to remove the dew claws? And how about the tail cropping? Molly's tail is cropped but she was that way when we got her. I think it is cruel. Is it????? And how about the dew claws???? I know nothing about these things. His mom will pay for all of it and have my husband do odds and ends around her house to pay off the debt since we are saving for surgery. Thanks for looking!

Plus I need a boy name. I love Dozer but I didn't know if I should use that or not?

Melissa

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
OMG!!! They're so freakin' cute!!! I think I need one. :D

Oh, and I think they look like purebred Boxers to me, but it's hard to tell in puppies that young. I love Boxers with stumps for tails. :) I prefer dogs with front dew claws because they use their dew claws a lot (to grasp toys, etc.)

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
Do they have dew claws on the back, or just the front? I've always heard that rear dew claws can get hung on stuff and get injured, but front ones are usually okay. As for the tail, that's totally cosmetic if it's not a working dog, but beyond that I don't know much about the process.

They are adorable, BTW!!! :D

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
They are very cute. As for the tail and dew claw well that is up to you. Like it was said before it is for looks not for health. Have you taken in the mother to make sure she delivered all the pups?
As for a name well I would wait until you see the personality of the puppy, then you can name him. So 2 pups are gone who is taking the last one? your mother-in-law. Congrats on the new puppy anyways.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
So adorable!!! My boxer, Shelby, unintentionally got pregnant by a german shepherd a little over a year ago, and when they were born they looked identical to boxers, but as they got older they got furrier & furrier (not sure if that's a word..lol). They ended up being HUGE dogs, and looked like boxers with a lot of fur!!!

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The mom and puppies are going to the vet today. She delivered another one during the night last night and it was dead. My mother in law said last night if she would have had the proper care needed for a pregnant mommy she probally wouldn't have lost so many. But the people she got them from had no clue she was pregnant and my MIL has only had her a few weeks. What a surprise for her. But the other puppy is going to a close friend of the family. We all live in the same town and they are all going to EXCELLENT famlies. I guess that is a good thing about a small litter. The runt looks like her muzzle will be longer than a boxer but the other 2 have pretty smashed muzzles. Thanks to everyone for the compliments. The only scary thing right now is Lucky the momma isn't wanting to move alot. We are really wondering if she has more to deliver. But that is why they are all going to the vet today. She is also wondering if she is not depressed. I know my mother in law sat on the floor next to Lucky for over 9 0r 10 hours yesterday. She is in good hands now. They are big lovers of dogs like we are! They have 3 dogs. A chow chow who is very old and deaf and blind but stays outside and then 2 chichuas (sp wrong I know) who are around 1 or 2 years old. Then Lucky is 5 years old. She looked so miserable yesterday. My mother in law had already planned on getting her fixed when she got her but then she thought she was pregnant. So she will be fixed ASAP. No more babies for Lucky.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well they are all doing fine today. Lucky is getting up and going outside to use the bathroom so thats a good sign. The puppies go in Wednesday to have dew claws removed and tail docked. I really don't want its tail docked. But they said with how big they get thier tail will be very powerful and will be knocking stuff over right and left. And Faith has her dew claws. But she only has some on the front. Can they die from getting this done? I know it has to been done at 3 days and that is Wednesday. I'm sure they will be fine. Molly's tail is chopped but we didn't do it. It was like that when we got her at the humane society. I am going to try and get hubby to take us over there tonight to see them again. I got another battery for my camera so I'm ready to take more shots. I took a video of them also. I will have to upload it to zippty tonight and post it on here. My baby boy is whining in it while nursing! It is so cute!!!!

I just can't believe that everyone on here has had me in puppy fever and then my mother in law adopts a boxer then thinks she's pregnant and then about 3 weeks later puppies are here and I am finally going to get a puppy that is a baby when I get it!!!! I bet Faith is going to love having another big dog to play with. Molly on the other hand is still wondering when we are going to take "Faith home". :D They love each other but Molly was a spoiled only dog for 5 years so she was kind of set in her ways but Faith changed all of that. Now Molly has to exercise instead of laying around all day like a lazy dog.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Awwww!! They are so cute!! Can I have them!! I love boxers!! :love7:

Boxers normally have a docked tail, but it is up to you. Some people crop their ears, but I like them with floppy ears. I think when you crop their ears, it just makes them look more intimidating. As far as dew claws, the back ones are the ones that should be removed, the front ones do not have to be removed, your choice.

So when can I be expecting the little cuties!! I you don't want to send them to me, I may just have to steal them. They are so cute!! I love the white on their faces!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts