Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, you always have such awsome advice. I have two dogs #1) Jack AB almost 3 yrs, loves all dogs and would just dig a younger dog to grow up with and play with. My older dog Jane#2) Jane just turned 11 and is not into playing silly dog games like that and likes to sleep and eat and plays with jack only for two minutes then she is done. We play with him all of the time, but he seems happy to play with other dogs.(rough house) My quandry is...Jane is old and loves to not be bothered by young Jack. We lould love another puppie,Jack would love it too. But old Jane might get really mad.But it might take the pressure off her being bothered by him. Any suggestions? We would love to get another AB!! :D

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
alphadog said:
I think if you got another female it could work
It could, but it depends on Jane. Do you think Jane would "allow" another female in the house at this point in her life?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would really like a female puppy. Jane was mean to Jack for the first week, now they are really great with each other.
But then again, Jack is a male and I don't know how she would handle a female puppy. :?

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
The more the merrier..LOL....We are on three with one being a 6 year old lab male, 3 years old female and 10 weeks old male. I plan on adding another female this coming year to the mix.I think if all get there needed space and are supervised it should be fine...that is my opinion....

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
I have to give you all a TON of credit for having more then two dogs.
For real,more power to all of you.......lol

I have two and had a third here for only 2 1/2 days and I couldnt wait for him to go to his new home( he was one of Shawns dogs who came from NC to Pa to go to his new home in MA).
I of course had to crate and rotate the dogs which made it really hard and I have three kids so I had a full house.
I had a really hard time dealing with it so I myself would NEVER atempt to have 3 dogs.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep, it's time.....for a new puppy!! I had a meeting with Jack and Jane and they agree :wink:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts