Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya, me again! :lol:

i've seen in alot of photos that alot of you have harnesses for your dogs. i'm sorry if this is a stupid question but what is the advantage of a harness? is it for more control when you take them for walks? is it the same type of harness used for weight pulling so would you use it to get them used to it? do they wear it all the time? gosh sorry i feel really stupid but i really want to know so i thought i'd just ask.

plus the harnesses look really cool so i wanted to get one for nelson. but i need to justify the purchase so i want to know what its good for so i can let my partner know. i'm the one that knows all about ab's in the relationship :roll: (only because i get all the answers from you guys! :wink: ) hehe! :lol:

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
IMO there is no point in using a harness at all. They give you absolutely no control over your dog. No means to give a correction. I wouldn't waste your money. Plus they are more of a pain to put on your dog than a collar.

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
I know there are different kinds of harnesses for different purposes. I don't like most of them - IMO, they put all their pulling strength where the dogs are strongest. Does that make sense? Their chests are strong - made to pull, and the harness is right there at the chest. I know there are a few new kinds of harnesses that are made for dogs who pull when walking - they use the dogs pulling strength against him so they don't want to pull. I don't remember what they are called.

The only time I use a harness is for the doggie seat-belt. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts