Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a dog at the local shelter. She's a bully breed/mix, but what do you guys think she is predominantly? Pit mix? That's what we're calling her for now. She's very small, barely knee-high but she has a short snout (her face reminds me of an AB's more than a pit's but she's so short!). Hard to tell her build as she's heavily, heavily pregnant (and I was too busy getting kisses to take a picture of her when she was standing :wink:). These aren't the greatest pics, but any thoughts?

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
oh I could see that she is VERY pregnant. Poor baby looks to be in not to good of condition. She does have a AB look but I'm no expert on telling for sure.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Oh my...what a sweetheart!! Her ears and body (color mostly) say Lab to me, and her face says bulldog.

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
If she weren't so small, I would have said AB/Lab. But where her size comes from, I have no idea. She at Gwinnett? Poor baby! :cry:

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
She's cute but she looks miserable! How old is she?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep, Gwinnett. She can hardly fit through her kennel door (really and truly, she just barely fits). She's so close to dropping those pups and either she's going to have a bunch or they're going to be huge; I don't think I've ever seen a dog quite so wide. She's estimated at two years and from her teeth, I'd say that's about right. She's so uncomfortable, but she was such a baby when I took her out. Really sweet girl. She's supposed to be white, by the way (gotta love that Georgia clay).

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
I can't wait to see her puppies! You will have to post pictures. How much longer does she have?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not sure how long they'll give her. The rescue coordinator there is wonderful and tries hard to get the "special needs" cases out, so maybe this one will get lucky. She's a stray so they're supposed to hold her for six days but rules change when they're pregnant. I'm crossposting her like crazy trying to find a rescue that can foster her, hopefully before the pups are born so they won't be exposed to all the "yuckies" in that environment.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Well I hope you guys find her a good home! She looks so helpless lying there!

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Maybe she's boxer/lab??? Whatever she is, she's a pretty girl. She looks like she's been through a lot. I hope she finds a wonderful home.

·
Banned
3,413 Posts
I would say lab/american bulldog from the pictures. Once she's had her puppies they have special white shampoo that will make her fur nice and white. Are you adopting her out after she's had the puppies, where are you located?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm in Georgia. She can't be adopted from the shelter because she's pregnant and since they don't have room to keep her while she raises the pups, the hope is to get her out to a rescue group before the pups are born (and/or before her stray hold is up). I emailed one of the officers today for an update and am waiting to hear back.

·
Banned
3,413 Posts
purely_pitbull said:
I'm in Georgia. She can't be adopted from the shelter because she's pregnant and since they don't have room to keep her while she raises the pups, the hope is to get her out to a rescue group before the pups are born (and/or before her stray hold is up). I emailed one of the officers today for an update and am waiting to hear back.
Could you send her out to the Methuen SPCA here in Mass? I would love to foster her, or one of her puppies.
(I believe they have a lot of room and they have a very nice facility, large kennels, big comfy beds etc.)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I guess this probably belongs in General now as opposed to Photos, but thought you guys would like to know that Mama gave birth to 11 puppies today (10 surviving) and was rescued by a foster home shortly after giving birth to Puppy #5. New Year's babies!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Someone I've never heard of. :?: Patricia Siems arranged the rescue. The rescue officer talked to the foster mom tonight and all the kids are doing great, as is their mama. \:D/

1 - 19 of 19 Posts