Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me what breed my Vince is? He looks either AST or ABPT, but I have not studied the breed in any real detail. I posted him now and as a pup.

Thanks.

[/list]

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
I think Amstaff's aren't allowed to have red noses, I could be totally wrong, but I'm pretty sure that is what my bully mag said.

Could definately be pit, even looks like he could have some AB, I'm not very good at this

·
Registered
149 Posts
Well the 1st pic he looks AB but the 2nd pic he looks APBT. Have you any pics of him from the side?
How tall is he?
How heavy is he?
How old is he? (cant remember wether u said or not)
How did you aquire him?
Lovely looking dog though, real looker :wink:

·
Registered
626 Posts
i would say ab/pit cross because he is 90 lbs= ab & rednose=pit, blue eye common in pit and ab but more common in ab.some pits look more am- bulldog and some am- bulldogs look like pits.hard to say sometimes unless you saw the deed being done,i have people compliment my dogs by saying nice pit when they are infact standard am-bulldog.good looking dog any ways.did you get any info about what he was when you got him?

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Without getting a dog from an honest, knowledgable, reputable owner/breeder who keeps impeccable records of dogs' pedigrees, then there is now way to tell what your dog is. It is very possible that it is a mixed breed. No one, & I mean no one, can tell what bulldog breed a dog is just by looks. I've seen lab/boxer crosses that look more "pit bull"ish that your dog. However, I'm not stating he isn't a "pit bull", just making a point.

And as for blood tests, there is nothing that can be done to even tell you if yor dog is a Boxer vs. Poodle vs. Bichon vs. Chihuahua much less differentiate b/n the "pit bull" breeds. And as far as blood lines, well, to suggest a test for that is just laughable.

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
He's probably an AB mix of some sort. His size is too big for a pit, and that blue eye could've come from AB bloodline. Anyway, he's very handsome, welcome to the board! :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.