Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya,

we have recently had molly who is 5 years old, i know we have to wipe her wrinkles to prevent sores etc, but what do people use, i heard baby wipes is this true/ ok?/

Any advice will be greatly appriciated.

Finastokie

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Unscented baby wipes work, so does just plain warm water and soap. Only thing with soap- you have to make sure you get all the soap out so it doesn't cause irritation. I wipe Annies wrinkles down with baby wipes then dry the area with a clean towel. I don't want to take any chances of leaving her wrinkles wet to get icky.

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
apple cider vinegar works to change pH level, preventing yeast growth.

I also heard of witch hazel, mixed with something else and water, I have to find that recipe here.

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Ok, this was for sores around the eyes, or sores in general:

get some boric acid and witch hazel (you can get these at walmart)... Mix it up... get a cotton swab and wipe her with the mixture... roughly a tablespoon mixed with about a half a cup.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
I have 2 EB's and I use unscented baby wipe w/aloe, soft tp and 2 x a week I put diaper rash cream in the wrinkles. I have never had any issues at all. And now that I use the diaper rash cream they never get red or irritated.

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
The apple cider vinegar works great to slow the yeast growth (thanks Redbull ;) ), just be careful not to use it close to any orfices as it can burn. For those areas, unscented baby wipes would be better.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
It's funny, my coworker and I were discussing this yesterday! She had EBs her whole life and used to use baby wipes and diaper cream. People at the grocery store always thought she had a baby, she would say No, that's for my bulldog and they looked at her like she was crazy.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Baby wipes work well, just remember to take a DRY washcloth & dry them immediately afterwards as the most important part is keeping the folds dry to prevent sores & yeast growth.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Tinkerbell said:
Unscented baby wipes work, so does just plain warm water and soap. Only thing with soap- you have to make sure you get all the soap out so it doesn't cause irritation. I wipe Annies wrinkles down with baby wipes then dry the area with a clean towel. I don't want to take any chances of leaving her wrinkles wet to get icky.
Tinkerbell-

that might be the cutest f-ing puppy Ive ever seen!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts