Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My OEB is getting dog aggressive, but only when hes in the car or in the house. He got attacked once at friggin petco by some dork with a st bernard that I told the guy not to come so close with it and it pounced....anyway since then hes been a bit leery and little by little I watched him get pissy with other dogs when hes in the car... now the house and if they bark on TV
hes fine otherwise if we are walking etc he looks and stuff, but doesnt get crazy unless the dogs a threat to him barking etc...
MY thing has been when I see a dog walking before him ill tug his chain and tell him no before we even get to it and its starting to work a little any other ideas on this/?? He used me as his push off the other day caught me off guard and gave me some nice bruises on my legs in the car..jerk lol
thanks!

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
How old is he? What kind of collar or harness do you use? The most important thing IMO is to correct him as soon as he makes that eye contact where you know hes going to be aggressive. You dont want it to escalate. You cant really do much to stop it if he is dog aggressive but you can control his reactions. If he is old enough for a prong I would suggest that.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
when barking from the house... is he at the window looking for other dogs? If so, everytime he goes to the window, get inbetween him and the window the min he gets there, give a firm no and move him away with your body by walking towards him

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
he wears a regular collar at home, and he has on the prong inthe car because usually we are going for a walk etc....but this fellow has also decided the prong means jack lol sometimes not all the time but hes pretty responsive, but he argues with me like a person ...talks and carries on..hes fresh but a lovebug...

ya he goes to the window for other dogs...our neighbors a bit away from us have a eng mast that comes out daily and woooffsss he gets so ticked off about it...so I try to keep him away from that side of the house at certain times lolhe cant even really see their house he stands and looks to see if he can see any movement there...

ill post a pic of him give ya a better idea on what he looks like now

1 - 7 of 7 Posts