Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Clutch is incredibly itchy...he is always scratching his chest and the back of his legs. I have looked and there is no rash I think it is just dry skin. He scratches so much sometimes he breaks his skin. When he starts scratching he does not stop until we pull his head or leg away...

We bought a shampoo (I don't have it with me) that has calomine(sp) in it and we have used it once and it helped but not much and it also says to use it every 2-3 days, I am not going to bath him that often b/c I think it is dry skin and I thought bathing too often caused dry skin!?!?!? Please help!

Any recomendations????

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
I use the Microtek also.....I love it! I was also gonna ask if you are feeding fish oil supplements? That really helped my dog's skin and coat condition. They're pretty cheap at Wallmart or Trader Joe's.

·
Registered
703 Posts
You can use fish oil caplets or a teaspoon of peanut oil every other day, both are good for dry skin/hair. The fish oil caplets can be gotten at any pharmacy or Walmart, etc and maybe easier to give to dog. The peanut oil just add to their food. Since my boy Josie loves peanut butter (nateral peanut butter no sugar added) I just give it to him in his kong. It keeps him busy and happy for a few minutes or so.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Where can you find the Microtek stuff ?? Only on the website or can you get it at the store ?? That looks like a great product for my Apollo. He hasn't been scraching too bad though lately, but i'd rather be safe than sorry.

Thanx
Chap

·
Registered
8,670 Posts
I am not sure how peanut oil would help the skin but fish oil definitely will. Does peanut oil even have the essential fatty acids that fish oil has? I would buy some fish oil and for a couple of months give twice the maintenance dose. Once you see some improvement then back down to the recommended daily dose. I use the Kronch Salmon oil. It comes with a pump and is real easy to put on the food.

http://www.onlynaturalpet.com/Kronch_Wild_Salmon_Oil_p/160001.htm

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
chapds said:
Where can you find the Microtek stuff ?? Only on the website or can you get it at the store ?? That looks like a great product for my Apollo. He hasn't been scraching too bad though lately, but i'd rather be safe than sorry.

Thanx
Chap
I've never seen it in stores. There are lots of places online to get it though. You can do a Google search. I get mine from Dog.com

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.