Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I don't have a picture for you yet, because I'm at work.

Last night, Haus was laying on the couch next to me with his bum towards me. I noticed a bump right by his hip bone. I went to feel it to make sure it was just his hip bone, and it's not. It feels like a swollen gland, or lymph node or something. It's noticeable when he's standing facing you. It's under the skin, so it will be hard to get a picture of.

What do you guys think it could be? It doesn't cause him any pain when I touch it.

·
Registered
8,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Amocat00 said:
It sounds like a cyst to me. But, I'd have to see and/or touch it to give you a better idea. Have the vet. check it the next time you take him in.

~S
Wouldn't a cyst be painful to him though?

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
it may just be a fatty begine tumor. our old dog got them all the time and she wasnt even close to being fat. just more a fat deposit. after the first one was biopsy we didnt mess with them anymore and they never bothered her

·
Super Moderator
15,994 Posts
He hasn't had a tick on him lately, has he? Sometimes a bump will occur under the skin where a tick attached itself. Over time they go away, but do seem to be a little hard to the touch.

·
Registered
8,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
gazar said:
He hasn't had a tick on him lately, has he? Sometimes a bump will occur under the skin where a tick attached itself. Over time they go away, but do seem to be a little hard to the touch.
No, no ticks. If it gets any bigger, or starts to bother him, or changes at all, we're going to take him to the vet. He's getting neutered on Tuesday, so we're going to ask then.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I noticed the same thing on Chaucer a few weeks ago. I gave it a few days to see what was going to happen with it and it disappeared. It wasnt hard and it didn't bother him, even when I touched/squeezed on it a bit. I just figured it was a bug bite or something even though it was about the size of a golf ball. Who knows with him though, not much seems to bother him.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Tash - I had a similar thing happen with Mags about a year ago and I totally freaked out - hers was about the size of a golfball though - and it appeared basically overnight - I took her to the vet and he told me to ice it and see if it was still there in about a week - it just went away - he said it could have been a random injury from her hitting it on something, or it may have been a reaction to a bug bite, or it may have been a cyst that drained and went away on its own

·
Registered
8,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone. It's not very big, about the size of a pea, but it's still noticeable if he's standing up. It's hard to the touch, but it doesn't bother him. I don't think it's a bug bite, because the skin around it is normal. It's just a hard lump under his skin. :scratch:

·
Registered
340 Posts
Our goats had something similar to this over the last couple weeks. The only difference is that theres I believe were opening up. we took them to the vet and he said it was an infection. dont know if this helps but thought i would say something. something there i said it

·
Banned
1,028 Posts
Biggjay22501 said:
Our goats had something similar to this over the last couple weeks. The only difference is that theres I believe were opening up. we took them to the vet and he said it was an infection. dont know if this helps but thought i would say something. something there i said it
LOL! goats. Only you Jas :)

·
Registered
10,116 Posts
Biggjay22501 said:
LOL, I wanna see pictures of the goats!

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
HausMommy said:
Thanks everyone. It's not very big, about the size of a pea, but it's still noticeable if he's standing up. It's hard to the touch, but it doesn't bother him. I don't think it's a bug bite, because the skin around it is normal. It's just a hard lump under his skin. :scratch:
Tash - thats what it was with Mags too - no visible irritation AT ALL anywhere on the skin or fur around the area - just the random lump under her skin - it never hurt her - I could move it around and push on it and stuff and she would still sleep or just look at me like "WTF are you doing momma?" - I wouldn't worry too much unless it doesn't go away in a couple days then maybe get him checked out - I never knew what caused hers and it just went away after a week.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I just talked to my mom and she said it wasnt an open wound before we took them to the vet it was a closed. It was a small bump that doesnt seem like it hurt them much. She said it was called a abscess and can happen to any animal. What it is, is when a small insertion such as a splinter or a bee sting gets infected. Easily treatable just have to open it up and let it drain but i would take him to the vet before doing anything. I just know we had to seperate the goats that had it cuz it is highly passible between animals. when its open that is.

·
Banned
1,028 Posts
Biggjay22501 said:
I just talked to my mom and she said it wasnt an open wound before we took them to the vet it was a closed. It was a small bump that doesnt seem like it hurt them much. She said it was called a abscess and can happen to any animal. What it is, is when a small insertion such as a splinter or a bee sting gets infected. Easily treatable just have to open it up and let it drain but i would take him to the vet before doing anything. I just know we had to seperate the goats that had it cuz it is highly passible between animals. when its open that is.
you goataby kidding me :D

·
Registered
340 Posts
Family of 5 said:
Biggjay22501 said:
you goataby kidding me :D
hey now dont make me get the buck on you. you know what they do to mark their territory dont you? well if you dont they urinate on the top of there heads and then rubb it on their doe. I can easliy make him claim you :p

·
Registered
8,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So I was checking on it today. It's not only under the skin, it's on his muscle it seems. Before, we could move it around under his skin. Now, it's stationary. :?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.