Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are looking to take Loki to obedience soon and are interested in this place, Absolute K - 9. We are also interested protection itraining if does well at OB.
I was wondering if you guys can check out his site and let me know what you think. Hes only about 15 minutes from.

http://www.absolutek-9.com

Thanks

Thom

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bremner53 said:
Kogeki, you forgot to put in the website address :p
Omg, I'm an idiot. Do you know that I was so tired last night that I don't even remember posting this? I wrote the trainer too but I remember that, lol. Thanks Bremner.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Interesting website.

He looks like his training method is more of the leash-correction model, but I would not say this is a problem if he works carefully with his clients to ensure that they understand what they're doing with this method - I don't know of any dogs hurt by trainers using this method, but I know a great many whose owners caused harm by doing it incorrectly. If you prefer this method to more positive-reinforcement training, he's probably worth investigating.

If you do meet with him and decide to train with thim, I'd really suggest going with your gut. Generally, I think obedience training ought to be fun for you and for your dog. If Loki seems happy, and you're both learning and progressing (assuming you're practicing at home!), then it's a good place. If Loki seems frightened or subdued, then a positive-reinforcement method may be a better fit for him.

I'm confess that I'm a bit off-put by the big advertisement for electronic training collars. I think these can be useful in very specific situations and in conjunction with VERY experienced trainers, but I'd be apprehensive of a trainer who uses them regularly enough to "endorse" a specific model.

Hope this helps!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts