Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be switching foods soon.
Both dogs are on Nutro Natural lamb and rice and they have some nasty a$$ gas which is reason enough to switch
Just curious as to what you ALL FEED and WHY you like it such as coat is shinny, less shedding, less gas and so on.
Thanks!!!

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
Nature's recipe eather lamb and rice or venison and rice

She doesnt brake out when she eats it, she has lots of energy, poops good and she loves it, I can get her to do tricks for it.

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
Timberwolf Organics.

The benefits to my dogs are a shiny coat and healthy skin, very strong immune system (especially in allergy-prone Bella), smaller and firmer stools, less shedding, and I don't have to feed them very much. Bella gets 3 cups a day, and Remy is down to about 2.5 cups a day. He weighs about 6 or 7 pounds more than she does, but he's much less active than she is. They both still have room-clearing gas sometimes, but I think that has more to do with the treats I give them than the kibble they eat.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
DVP Duck and Potatoe, No Gas. She had it to start but it cleared up quick. Firm firm poos if fed the right amount and can be bought at Petco

·
Registered
147 Posts
Canidae All Life Stages. They were on Nutron Natural Choice L&R before that. Hemi was having rashes on the Nutro. They have cleared up completely since making the switch. Also, all 3 of them are shedding less and firmer, smaller poops to clean up. They also seem to have more energy since switching foods.

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
mindtrip said:
Canidae All Life Stages. They were on Nutron Natural Choice L&R before that. Hemi was having rashes on the Nutro. They have cleared up completely since making the switch. Also, all 3 of them are shedding less and firmer, smaller poops to clean up. They also seem to have more energy since switching foods.
Yes, what mindtrip said! Me too.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Innova currently. Also some raw chicken necks, cooked eggs and ground veg/fruit.

Paula

·
Registered
12,744 Posts
DVP Duck and Potatoe, No Gas. She had it to start but it cleared up quick. Firm firm poos if fed the right amount and can be bought at Petco
Exactly the same as Kate dog...plus rashes/red bumps have gone.
The biggest plus is NO GAS!! Cause he had the kind that would peel wallpaper off the wall! :shock: Orson gets 2-3 cups/day depending on exercise.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I play around with food too much. First it was Canidae, then DVP Ultra. This week I switched to Nature's Variety. When we got Sibyl, she was on Nutro and I can tell you she made a substantial improvement going from Nutro to DVP -- specifically a much shinier coat and less gas.

I was very happy with DVP, but a thread on the board here (cannot find it now) convinced me to try Nature’s Variety and also our vet recommended Nature’s Variety so you could switch protein sources each time.

Innova is very good (we feed our cats that with Missing Link) and I have heard good things about Timberwolf Organics.

Good luck.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I feed my dog small unbaptized children.
haha

seriously, i rotate solid gold dry, nature's variety raw patties, and raw raw

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Chapps is on Fromm Salmon and Wild Rice
Holly is on the Petsmart brand Authority, lamb and rice (Cheaper can't I can't afford 2 dogs on Fromm)

I add canned food, usually Merrick or Innova

1 - 20 of 30 Posts