Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen many dogs working and titled with an IPO title but can't seem to find much info online about it. It doesn't seem to be as popular as other sports, or maybe I don't know where to look for info?

Can anyone here post info on it in comparison to working in other sports?

Is it basically the same as SchH only a more internationally accepted form? I don't mean to ask any stupid questions, I literally don't know too much about dog sports.

·
Registered
5,272 Posts
ipo is hugely popular in europe. very similar, only more difficult than sch. what usually happen is ipo starts something, different pattern, routine ect and a few years later sch will adopt the same.
mr. prada has trained a great deal of ipo and this is, more or less, how he explained it to me

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does anyone train in IPO on this side of the pond?

I was given exposure to it through this person's website over in Europe. He is a man / family training his dogs (not extreme bully-type ab's, but the conformational bullies) in IPO

http://www.bulletproofbulldogs.com/

I had a tough time translating his website though. Seems like he's got a good program going on and the right interests in mind. I can't tell if he's titled his dogs either, because I can't read his site, but I've seen that he's scanned and posted Diplomas for his dogs - not sure what they mean though. I need someone to translate for me. I know that he's heavily into training in IPO though and really promotes it.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
IPO is like schutzhund but more of a police dog test, that is what it originated for. It is done usually after sch titles but not required

·
Registered
5,272 Posts
as far as i know there are a few people in canada that are working ipo, but the ones i know of go to germany to trial

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
GOT14U said:
schsutkgfs lakdfn vlei........what .......looks like nice dogs.
that's dutch for ya :lol:

lekker lekker lekker. I have a few dutch friends though from the netherlands, I should get one to translate for me.

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
attitude said:
as far as i know there are a few people in canada that are working ipo, but the ones i know of go to germany to trial

Now that's commitment. I know Gino works Kisco in IPO as well, he's at IPO III. Are there ever any trials in Canada or the US?

·
Registered
709 Posts
It's been a while, but I can remember the general feeling in the clubs I had been around that IPO was easier than SchH and that might be only at the I level. They are extremely similar, only differences were a couple procedural differences. I also remember hearing of imports titled in IPO failed there SchH level equivalent in the states.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts