Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think someone posted about this before, but I couldn't find it. Dion's paws have turned slightly brown, and in between her "toes" it's really brown. I think someone before said was bacteria? Does anyone know? And if so, what do I do to get rid of it. Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
The condition is termed "bronzing" & is often referred to pododermatitis (meaning dermatitis of the feet). Anyways, this bronzing usually occurs from the dog constantly licking or chewing the feet. Now, there can be several reason for this stemming from a yeast infection, bacterial infection, or just plain ole allergies (with food allergies being the #1 culprit).

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Miakoda - thanks!! So what would I use to get rid of it? Would the desitin or whatever work? I put something similiar on her feet last night and it seemed to sooth them. She hasn't been letting me touch her feet (which normally she doesn't care and lets me clip her nails even). So last night Drew held her while I put it on and at first she was trying to get away, but then she just stopped and seemed to enjoy it!

·
Registered
586 Posts
LSCKitty said:
Miakoda - thanks!! So what would I use to get rid of it? Would the desitin or whatever work? I put something similiar on her feet last night and it seemed to sooth them. She hasn't been letting me touch her feet (which normally she doesn't care and lets me clip her nails even). So last night Drew held her while I put it on and at first she was trying to get away, but then she just stopped and seemed to enjoy it!

Awwwww...........poor Dion!

Hope she feels better soon!

Bridget

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fina said:
LSCKitty said:

Awwwww...........poor Dion!

Hope she feels better soon!

Bridget
Thanks B!!! Dion says thanks too!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts