Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Capone is 21 weeks old on Saturday and for the past few weeks he has been literally out of control. I take him on anywhere from 2-4 walks a night (2-5 blocks, based on weather) and when we are at home he is non-stop barking at me when I walk, biting my feet and legs. He does not stop barking until I put him in his crate. He growls to the point where I am not sure if he is being aggressive or not. We are constantly playing with him, fetch, etc but nothing seems to calm him down. We are going to be taking puppy classes soon but have to wait to get him "fixed". Any suggestions on what we can do? We live in an apartment building and while no one in the building has complained yet, I am sure it is just a matter of time. When I say consistently barking, I am not exaggerating. Thanks so much, take care

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
Unfortunately, I don't know the answer to your main question. I just wanted to tell you that you don't have to wait to get him neutered. It's personal preference, some people want to wait until 6 months to let the male hormones kick in, because they believe it will give the dog a more masculine look, but you don't have to wait. My pups are eight weeks now and will be spayed and neutered very soon. If you really want to have it done sooner, you can call around and see if any good vets near you will do a "pediatric" neuter.

All that said, however, neutering him won't make him any less hyper - he's just being a puppy, I fear. I would start that puppy class as soon as possible. It will be good for his socialization, and he may learn some bite inhibition while he's at it.

Good luck!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So, you would consider this "normal" puppy behavior? As long as this is not a case of aggression or dominance I can live with it until he gets older or grows out of it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts