Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
There is a crate brand called Lifestyles (if I remmeber correctly) that allows you to block off part of the crate for when they are small and then block off less and less until they are big enough/old enough/ and potty trained to have the whole crate.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
I believe they come in one size with a pannel to put inbetween. I could be wrong about the one size, I have never looked for a crate this is just information I picked up from reading other posts

·
Banned
4,815 Posts
I am also looking to get a crate for my new baby will be shipped to me in the next two weeks.. I was referred to the the LifeStages one and was told it's best to get a Large crate being as how if you get a small one the pup will outgrow it too quick..With the Large one you can section it off and open it up a bit more and more until they are fulll grown and can have the whole crate...

·
Registered
35 Posts
tjortega said:
what kind of crate should i get for my english bullie? I will be getting her when she is 8weeks and will contiue to crate train her so i want her to grow into her crate.
if you can't find the one with dividers then I'd just get a small crate (at first). Enough so it can stretch its legs and move around freely. But if you start her off in a cage that is too big then the dog will pee on the far side of it since there'd be too much room. Plus the bulldogs feel safer in a nice cozy cages versus a mamoth large one.

We went through 3 cage sizes as Bullitt grew. I'd give the old cages away to neighbors or whoever needed them. I finally ended up with a cage that was for dogs approx 65 lbs. They often times label the cages based on what size or dog breed it is for on the shipping box. My dog hasn't had a cage for a few years now. But he likes safe cozy areas of the house like a corner behind a couch etc.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.