Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good friends of ours have a few rescue dogs, one in particular, Holly. She is such a sweetheart and survived a fire. She was the only pup to survive. It's been bugging me for 2 years now as to what breed she is. I'm sure she's a mutt, but I definately see some pit in her.

Any ideas?

Here are a few other shots I grabbed last night
Sticking her tongue out at Daddy

Miss Asia, was covered in matts so we shaved her almost bald! She's much happier now

·
Registered
965 Posts
I see lab in her coat, tail, and body structure. She looks a little pittish. But her really boxy muzzle and little ears look like Shar Pei to me. And they can resemble pit mixes. I don't see any chow in her. Her coat is way to short and there is not a speck of black on the tongue that I can see.
So I would say definitely Lab, probably Shar Pei, maybe Pit. JMO

·
Registered
89 Posts
Nice doggie!

I d go with a mix of lab, dobbie, rottie or just one of them. Well maybe no so much dobbie as a rottie. The dobbie / (APBT/AST) tend to have “flat heads” and I don’t see that in her.
I d say more likely a rottie, if you look at her torso, you see that in proportion to the rest of her body, the torso is longer than for a APBT/AST, a lab APBT/AST mix also have these tendencies but not so much as the rottie mix. Since it’s a female this is not that perceptible. I think that the tail also indicates rottie but could as well be a lab tail, does the tail somewhat curl/ bend up over back when she runs or shows off? If it does, it’s most likely a rottie tail. The coat could be both rottie and lab. The nose is more lab than rottie

My best guess: 50-100 % AST/APBT, but most likely a mix. The mix: rottie or lab, lab/rottie mix, lab/rottie/dobbie, rottie/dobbie, lab/dobbie

What ever she is, she is 100 % nice looking. Good luck!

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
bullmastiff05 said:
There was a dog just like this one at the park we go to and used to play with Reg when he was very small last year, it was a Staffordshire cross Labrador. They look identical!
Ditto

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.