Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we were out walking and Gus was doing his thing, and he ran on the other side of a pole, and got scared by a noise and instead of turning around (he was at the end of his leash) he ran for me, and caught his nail on something and ripped it! It's still on there, and the bleeding has stopped, but he's in pain, i can tell, he's letting me clean the old blood around his paw, he ONLY lets me do that when he's in pain. So is there something i can give him for pain? I know not to give him Tylenol or ibuprofin, and i'm afraid to give him small dose asprin cause he's a puppy. Is my only option some "dog pain med"? I don't know if anyone has any homeopathic remidies, but i'm stuck.
Oh and i'm not sure what to do about the nail, i left it alone, it looks more like a small rip in the pink tissue, it didn't go all the way through, almost like a hang nail. Thanks

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
For the pain you can give him some white willow bark. It's a natural asprin. Pups are pretty tough, you might not have to give him anything. I'm not sure about the nail. If it's not too bad I might just wrap it then trim it once it's grown out. The hard part is getting him to keep the bandage on.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll look for it when i go to the store, but living in a "diverse city" (it's not) i might not be able to find it, we don't have whole foods or anything like that. He seems much better today, the nail is alright, it's only like 25% ripped from the bottom, but it's close to his paw, so i'm sure it's going to take a small bit for it to grow out, because i could see him eating the bandage, than having to take him the the vet for that too! Thanks again for the advise!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts