Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am having a problem getting toys for Horus. I have tried Rhino bones, Black Kong, rope toys and nylon bones and he has them in peices with in a day.

He has finally slowing down on his chewing but now I need a new chair due to him chewing it when he was younger. :-(

So what toys do you guys use for you pups? How well does it stand up to extreme chewers?


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,607 Posts
My pit and boxer both have their own "x-tire blinky ball", and it is the ONLY thing I've found that they can't destroy. You can buy them online. They are made out of a thick hard rubber. Here is a pic :

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,666 Posts
there is a ball I think it's a jollyball. CC is alittle easier on toys than yours, but it might last alittle longer. she has the black kong, Did the same as yours with the red one. I'm forever buying ropes, and nylabones. She has a kong ball that she has yet to even put teethmarks in, and she does play with it. It's the solid one. so she can't tear it into pieces, that she nicely spits int piles all over the floor!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,423 Posts
Cookies Mom said:
there is a ball I think it's a jollyball. CC is alittle easier on toys than yours, but it might last alittle longer. she has the black kong, Did the same as yours with the red one. I'm forever buying ropes, and nylabones. She has a kong ball that she has yet to even put teethmarks in, and she does play with it. It's the solid one. so she can't tear it into pieces, that she nicely spits int piles all over the floor!
Chopper got a Jolly ball and he CRUSHED it in his jaws. :cry:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
120 Posts
we give Honey, our amstaff mix, empty 2 liter bottles. she chews on them for a bit and then we just toss them in the recycling bin. it's cheap, doesnt hurt her any, and it gets recycled!

she loves tennis balls too. she squashes them flat with her jaws. i like the x-tire toy! i'll have to look around for one of those for her and Luchi. they would love that toy!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,723 Posts
Kasco said:
Cookies Mom said:
there is a ball I think it's a jollyball. CC is alittle easier on toys than yours, but it might last alittle longer. she has the black kong, Did the same as yours with the red one. I'm forever buying ropes, and nylabones. She has a kong ball that she has yet to even put teethmarks in, and she does play with it. It's the solid one. so she can't tear it into pieces, that she nicely spits int piles all over the floor!
Chopper got a Jolly ball and he CRUSHED it in his jaws. :cry:
:lol: Can they still play with it though :lol: ?? Doesn't it just deflate?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,846 Posts
Bremner53 said:
Kasco said:
Cookies Mom said:
there is a ball I think it's a jollyball. CC is alittle easier on toys than yours, but it might last alittle longer. she has the black kong, Did the same as yours with the red one. I'm forever buying ropes, and nylabones. She has a kong ball that she has yet to even put teethmarks in, and she does play with it. It's the solid one. so she can't tear it into pieces, that she nicely spits int piles all over the floor!
Chopper got a Jolly ball and he CRUSHED it in his jaws. :cry:
:lol: Can they still play with it though :lol: ?? Doesn't it just deflate?
They're made out of semi-hard thick plastic, so they don't deflate. Odie destroyed his in like 5 minutes; he just chewed huge chunks out of it until there was nothing left.

I haven't found any toys that can stand up to Odie, even kong toys. Someone from my Mom's work has an AB, and she said she's got the same problem. Well, her friend somehow got her a toy made for lions, and he's not been able to even make a mark on it. I'm still trying to find out what it is and where to get one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
451 Posts
Boss has lots of toys, but I only use kongs and really big thick rope tug toys for him to chew. Do you stuff the kongs? Boss won't chew the kong apart if I stuff it full of goodies and then freeze it. He'll work on it for a couple hours, and he'll start to chew it when he's gotten almost everything out but that last bit in the bottom.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,500 Posts
Well Moose has his tire and it is lasting still. He has only made a small dent in it and that is the rope part. As for the tire well he chews on it and maybe get very tiny pieces off of it but it still look new. I got it at PetSupermarket. Not to expensive either.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
99 Posts
i have good luck with those tire toys and those big tennis ball toys like dumb bells etc...ropes arent good if they are destroying them...could end up with a blockage. I also bought the hard hard nylabone not the edible one but the big plasticy type with some flavoring in it....that works well annddddd thats about it and the huge tennis balls also
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
99 Posts
No offense, but Vega will destroy the roped-tire dog toy in less than half an hour, thus we started giving her old, used tires. Try to find beltless, or monitor closely so that the steel belts don't shed your pooch's gums.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
92 Posts
When you come outside heading to work one morning and your car has no tires, don't blame the local vandals... look in your back yard. ;) That's too cool.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
99 Posts
Thanks. You know how a lot of dogs walk around with their food bowl when they're hungry, our girl walks around the house with a jack :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
340 Posts
I basically buy just one kong, about a dozen butcher femurs, and a half a dozen ropes a month for tobey. Luckily he only chews on his toys though.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top