Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hypathetically(sp??) I am very very sad right now. My heart is breaking. I guess I have been in the dark, wondering around in my happy pitbull world, making friends with pitbull friendly people, attending pitbull friendly events. I have always been aware of the mean people out there, the abusers and fighters, I have seen them busted and such, but this is a very different kind of sad.

We are starting to make friends, slowly, but it is coming along. ironically, our friends so far all share the same thing, the APBT, this is why I think we met and started talking.
But now I dont like them. I mean, ok, let me elaborate:
This dude, not far from here, has a few Jeep dogs. They all stay outside, which I know many dogs do, I just spoil mine. Well, one just had a giant litter of pups. None of these dogs are pedigreed, or proven, and not even people friendly really. Anyway, the dude made a statement that this was her 5th litter, and last litter, as he is planning on selling her, he can make $2000 from a man who wants to fight her!!

Appalled!! What do you say when you enter unknown territory, and try to give shit to someone whom obviously has been doing what theyve been doing for a long time??!!
Then proceeds to tell me how the pups are going to the flea market, and how they will be sold, most likely as fighting dogs in an hour.

I cried.

He also has a litter at a relatives home that are just about old enough to go.

Hubby thinks he is just talking tough, even after I clearly announced how I feel about the breed and what he is doing, hubby doesnt think he is honest, but you never know.

I cannot handle anymore pitbulls. I have my hands so full right now. I cannot leave my dogs outside in the snow and freezing cold. I cannot have anymore and that just kills me.

Dixie and Daizy are having scuffles, and I am trying to break that before it gets out of hand. Never a problem until they were spayed, now they are starting. But Dixie is learning, she stops herself now.

What do you do? Id steal them if I could place them, really, I would, I could.

Even if he is just talking idiotic, he has no compassion, picking them up by the skin when they are too big, shaking them to determine the tough ones, etc.....

Makes my heart hurt, and makes me love mine more and more.

Sorry, just had to vent.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Call Animal Control or the Police and have them investigate. He has announced to you that he is part of the "fighting" industry.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
sorry to hear that about your new home area but it is where you live. they sound like hill billies and they don't give a *almost curse*. this is expected. owning a pitbull makes it even worst. iwould make sure ALL your pups are inside.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
SugarBear said:
Call Animal Control or the Police and have them investigate. He has announced to you that he is part of the "fighting" industry.
Yep. That's be my advice too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts