Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 7 month old pitbull what is better a collar or a harness? people tell me harness and some tell me collar.

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
It's all in preference. I prefer a collar because I don't think a harness offers very good control. (Unless they're swimming, then they have harnesses because when they shake their heads to clear the water out of their ears the collars rub a raw spot! :lol: ) Some people like harnesses. You're probaly going to have to try it and see for yourself. If you've got a puller, I'd NOT recommend a harness. It seems to make pullers pull harder IMO because there's no pressure on their necks, it's distributed differently and makes it "comfortable" for them to pull.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Kasco said:
It's all in preference. I prefer a collar because I don't think a harness offers very good control. (Unless they're swimming, then they have harnesses because when they shake their heads to clear the water out of their ears the collars rub a raw spot! :lol: ) Some people like harnesses. You're probaly going to have to try it and see for yourself. If you've got a puller, I'd NOT recommend a harness. It seems to make pullers pull harder IMO because there's no pressure on their necks, it's distributed differently and makes it "comfortable" for them to pull.
I agree! If you have a dog that pulls on both try a Gentle Leader or an Easy Walk Harness or an Prong Collar until you can if you havent already enrolled in OB class. :D

·
Registered
623 Posts
I agree with Kasco. In my experience, I had rotties that never pulled with collars, but I bought a harness to try it, and my non-pulling alpha male wanted to pull. Maybe if they're trained on it, it'll be a different story

·
Registered
108 Posts
I had a harness for my Valley and he pulled all of the time. I watch the dog whisperer a lot and got a lead. It worked! I now am in control. Could not believe the difference.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts