Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanna know everyones opinion on the blackchamps program.
I talked to one of the guys ealier, he said the pups sell from 500-750. He dont have any breedings going down till spring which gives me time to get the mulah.He also said there in the 4th gen and there have been a few litters from this gen.Should I wait for a few more gens or do you think thee good to go? All comments welcome let me know what you guys think. Are they worth it?Oh btw he is supossed to call me back and give me more info.

·
Registered
149 Posts
AllAmericanPUP said:
no health testing and no titles.....not a breeder i would buy from
As above ^^^ but if you do buy from him, please make sure you get him to test the pups/pup. If he refuses, walk away... or get a contract; if there are any genetic health issues he will refund you for the pup?

Jedi does look nice. Would you be getting one of these pups for a pet or a work dog? just outta interest - these dogs look like they need to be worked/stimulated :shock:

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
I was told by someone who has a Blackchamps that they are health tested. Don't just go by what the website doesnt say. Check with them.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
AsianRedneck said:
AllAmericanPUP said:
no health testing and no titles.....not a breeder i would buy from
Dogs look good 10 years of breeding....they must be doing something right
who gives a crap if a dog *looks* nice? any dog can look nice.

thats great that they health test..he should put that up on his website

·
Registered
704 Posts
There is a thread about Blackchamps dogs on the True Grit board now.... every dog posted is working thier little bulldog rears off. My English Bulldog breeder's son has a Blackchamp dog he's training in protection currently, and he couldn't be happier with her. I have heard nothing but good things about Blackchamp dogs.

As far as health testing, I will look into it. But honestly, when it comes to working dogs, many folks go for working ability over all else..that form follows funtion statement comes to mind... before the days of OFA and Penn-hip, bulldogs were bred on thier abilities..if they couldn't work they were six feet under... if they were dysplastic, they either had such a high pain tolerance, it never showed, or they were sound..... I am not condoning folks doing no health testing, but just staing what alot of the hog dogger's, old timer's etc. go by when getting a dog. They would actually use a mildly dysplastic dog that was a superb worker over a great hipped dog who couldn't get off the couch.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Carrie said:
There is a thread about Blackchamps dogs on the True Grit board now.... every dog posted is working thier little bulldog rears off. My English Bulldog breeder's son has a Blackchamp dog he's training in protection currently, and he couldn't be happier with her. I have heard nothing but good things about Blackchamp dogs.

As far as health testing, I will look into it. But honestly, when it comes to working dogs, many folks go for working ability over all else..that form follows funtion statement comes to mind... before the days of OFA and Penn-hip, bulldogs were bred on thier abilities..if they couldn't work they were six feet under... if they were dysplastic, they either had such a high pain tolerance, it never showed, or they were sound..... I am not condoning folks doing no health testing, but just staing what alot of the hog dogger's, old timer's etc. go by when getting a dog. They would actually use a mildly dysplastic dog that was a superb worker over a great hipped dog who couldn't get off the couch.
I have never been to that message board. Whats the link?

·
Registered
775 Posts
AllAmericanPUP said:
do you guys know what health testing he does? i didnt find any of his dogs in the OFA database. does he do penn hip?
For someone who'se never bought a puppy, you sure are strict with health testing and such.

Question for you allamericanpup. When you adopted your free pups did you ask for test papers titles and check the OFA datbase before adopting him? If so why did you dog have health problems with his skin?

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
AsianRedneck said:
AllAmericanPUP said:
do you guys know what health testing he does? i didnt find any of his dogs in the OFA database. does he do penn hip?
For someone who'se never bought a puppy, you sure are strict with health testing and such.

Question for you allamericanpup. When you adopted your free pups did you ask for test papers titles and check the OFA datbase before adopting him?

I agree Ive recued 4 dogs and was only able to keep one. 2 of em had bad temperments and the other was just really sck. That is why I will take my chances and spend the money on buying mine.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
kogeki said:
I was told by someone who has a Blackchamps that they are health tested. Don't just go by what the website doesnt say. Check with them.

Thanks for the pics that is an awsome looking dog.

Also i will check out that forum

·
Registered
720 Posts
Blackchamps are awesome dogs! I have seen videos and many pictures of his dogs working! I am a member of True Grit also and everyone on there knows about their working ability! These dogs have very high drive and endurance so if you are not 110% serious about the time and money and training involved in owning one of his dogs I would consider something else...as these dog are not intended to be lazy family pets whos main job is to make sure the couch dont fly away! As far as health goes alot of people on true grit has bought his dogs with no issues!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts