Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it has been stated before...I can't find it....anyone have any info please...my dog has acne and this may be why!

Should I get rid of the plastic bowl anyway???

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Plastic bowls harbor many harmful bacteria & almost impossible to clean/disinfect completely. Plus, many dogs are allergic to them & many more can & will develop an allergy to them. Best case scenario is a little acne on the underside of the chin.......worst case scenario is anaphylactic shock (which is often fatal).

Stainless steel bowls are the best option as they are indestructible (well, almost) & are very easy to disinfect/clean--just toss in the dishwasher!

Ceramic bowls are also easy to clean, however, they are broken very easily. Also be aware of ceramic bowls as many desinger bowls contain lead.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys!

I never thought much of it when scarlet had the bumps on her chin...but when Clutch started to get them...I mean how many dogs have the same thing in the same place...I knew it had to be an environmental thing. I just never thought about the water bowls. I will get some stainless steal bowls...I hope they drink out of them...hell they drink mostly out the tub anyway....they love running water!

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
I have had 3 dogs with acne and they were all Rottweilers and it was from those black plastic bowls you get from the farm sotres now i always use Stainless Steel and wash them daily. You will see it go after that! i went to the vet 4 years ago and laughed when they told me was acne :wink:

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well we took her to the vet...for the bump and some other things and the vet did say it was most likely from the water bowls!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts