Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or has your AB always been mellow pretty much? Even w/ walking Abby and such, she can sometimes get all this energy bundled up and just get the zoomies practically. Which I particulary don't mind, cause it's great drive for agility and makes her fast. (ive seen some pertty old/slow collies out there which have no drive what so ever :roll: )

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Jazmine is 17 months and she's still all energy! She spazzes out like she's been cooped up for days, even though she never is, lol. We are so lucky more stuff hasn't been broken. It doesn't matter if she's outside or in. And talk about fast! Your word 'zoomies' is right. Like lightning! Everytime she's outside (unless it's right before dinner) she does the fastest laps around the back yard. She also plays with a whippet (sp?), Roxy and Jaz is faster than her, and I guess that doesn't happen very often. Roxy doesn't much like Jaz anymore, I think she's too much of a spaz for her.

Now my moms AB is the complete opposite. She plays, but always tries to hide from Jaz about 20 mins later because she's pooped. Jaz never wants to stop.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
never..... lol well okay I take that back... Kate is almost 2 yrs old. Around me, she is mellow but has her playful moments. But when others around, she goes goes goes and no stopping her until shes used to them being around and knows they arent leaving anytime soon

·
Registered
48 Posts
NEVER! Just today, Maxine jumped onto the washing machine and out the laundry room window. Then took off like lightning to play with a German Shepherd on the next street. Of course the witch whose yard Maxine needs to cut through to get to her friend's house called the cops and the pound and I got a $75 fine for "Animal causing a public nuisance".

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
I wanted an American Bulldog for their stanima,agility,tenacity,strength and affection. I love that their are hyper when needed and they lay on the couch when needed. I think people who want a lazy dog should get a shit zu or soemthing.

But on Average they say they "start" maturing at 2 that doesnt mean they will calm down though

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
You mean AB's are supposed to mellow out??? LOL :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts